The Virginia Highlands Community College Board is comprised of nine community members who serve as an advisory board to the State Board for Community Colleges. Board members play a key role in the development and evaluation of programs and services that ensure VHCC remains responsive to community needs.
As the list below indicates, the Board includes three members appointed by the Bristol Virginia City Council, four members appointed by the Washington County Board of Supervisors, and two members appointed by the Smyth County Board of Supervisors. Each member is appointed for a four-year term and can serve for two consecutive terms.
Appointed by the City of Bristol
Catherine Brillhart, Chair
Appointed by Smyth County
Appointed by Washington County
Dr. John Lentz, Vice Chair
The Lost City of Z
Arts Array - Film
- Date: 09/11/2017 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Location: Abingdon Cinemall
721 E Main Street
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
During an expedition in the Amazon in 1906, British explorer Percy Fawcett (Charlie Hunnam) grows obsessed with finding a lost city that could be the key to understanding the origins of human civilization. Over the next two decades, he returns to the Amazon multiple times in the hope of unearthing its location. Tom Holland, Robert Pattinson, Sienna Miller, and Angus MacFadyen co-star in this adaptation of David Grann’s 2009 nonfiction novel. Directed by James Gray (The Immigrant, We Own the Night). (Rated PG-13 – 140 minutes)
Cost: $7.75 Community Admission
Download the complete Fall 2017 Arts Array Program at www.vhcc.edu/ArtsArray.
- All Arts Array activities are free for the faculty, staff and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students and staff members of Emory & Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact
Phil Ferguson • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
and Mary Munsey • email@example.com • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.