A Monster Calls
Arts Array - Film
- Date: 10/02/2017 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Location: Abingdon Cinemall
721 E Main Street
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
A young boy (Lewis MacDougall) befriends a wise tree monster (voiced by Liam Neeson) while coping with bullying and the terminal illness of his mother (Felicity Jones). He moves in with his grandmother (Sigourney Weaver) as his mom’s condition deteriorates, and uses his imagination and friendship with the monster to escape reality. J.A. Bayona (The Impossible) directed this fantasy drama. (Rated PG-13 – 108 minutes)
Cost: $7.75 Community Admission
Download the complete Fall 2017 Arts Array Program at www.vhcc.edu/ArtsArray.
- All Arts Array activities are free for the faculty, staff and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students and staff members of Emory & Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact
Phil Ferguson • email@example.com • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
and Mary Munsey • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.