Arts Array - Film
- Date: 11/07/2017 4:00 PM - 6:45 PM
- Location: Abingdon Cinemall
In this passion project from director Martin Scorsese (who spent nearly three decades trying to get it made), a 17th century Portuguese Jesuit priest (Andrew Garfield) receives word that his mentor (Liam Neeson) has renounced his faith while on a mission in Japan. Concerned, he travels to the island nation with another clergyman (Adam Driver) to investigate, only to find that the country’s Christian population are being systematically exterminated. Witnessing the inglorious reality of torture and martyrdom committed against Japanese Christians rocks his faith to the core. Based on Shusaku Endo’s acclaimed 1966 novel. (Rated R – 161 minutes)
Cost: $7.75 Community Admission
Download the complete Fall 2017 Arts Array Program at www.vhcc.edu/ArtsArray.
- All Arts Array activities are free for the faculty, staff and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students and staff members of Emory & Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact
Phil Ferguson • email@example.com • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
and Mary Munsey • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.