The Virginia Highlands Community College Board is comprised of nine community members who serve as an advisory board to the State Board for Community Colleges. Board members play a key role in the development and evaluation of programs and services that ensure VHCC remains responsive to community needs.
As the list below indicates, the Board includes three members appointed by the Bristol Virginia City Council, four members appointed by the Washington County Board of Supervisors, and two members appointed by the Smyth County Board of Supervisors. Each member is appointed for a four-year term and can serve for two consecutive terms.
Appointed by the City of Bristol
Ms. Catherine Brillhart, Vice Chair
Ms. Beth D. Rhinehart
Mr. James (Jamey) F. Rector, Jr.
Appointed by Smyth County
Ms. Kimberly R. Clark
Appointed by Washington County
Mr. Thomas (Tom) M. Hicok
Mr. Tony Miller
Mr. Joseph C. Straten, Chair
Dr. John Lentz
Arts Array - Film
- Date: 11/14/2017 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Abingdon Cinemall
Directed by film icon Danny Boyle, this sequel to the seminal ‘90s indie smash Trainspotting catches up with its quartet of Scottish junkies twenty years later. Mark Renton (Ewan McGregor) finally returns to Edinburgh after a long exile in Amsterdam, and he soon reunites with his old pals Sick Boy (Jonny Lee Miller) and Spud (Ewen Bremner). As he tries to help Spud kick his heroin addiction and gets caught up in a scheme to open a brothel with Sick Boy, Renton is targeted by the sociopathic Begbie (Robert Carlyle), who wants revenge for his past misdeeds. WARNING: Contains extremely mature content. Viewer discretion advised. (Rated R – 118 minutes)
Cost: $7.75 Community Admission
Download the complete Fall 2017 Arts Array Program at www.vhcc.edu/ArtsArray.
- All Arts Array activities are free for the faculty, staff and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students and staff members of Emory & Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact
Phil Ferguson • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
and Mary Munsey • email@example.com • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.