Scottish Fiddler Jamie Laval and Friends
Spencer-Miller Concert Series | Arts Array
- Date: 12/10/2017 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church
$10 General Admission
Jamie Laval’s Celtic Christmas captures the beauty and atmosphere of Scotland, Ireland, Brittany, and Iceland during the holidays. An entertaining and thought-provoking family holiday experience, the show weaves a tapestry of music, dance, poetry, and stories which hearken back to the ancient Celtic celebrations associated with the Winter Solstice and Christmas. Headlining the show is Asheville-based violinist and storyteller Jamie Laval who in 2002 won the U.S. National Scottish Fiddle Championship. He has performed for Her Majesty The Queen, appeared on the NBC Today show, and presented a TEDx Talk. Laval’s recent album Murmurs and Drones won the popular vote for “Best World Traditional Album” in the 2012 Independent Music Awards.
Joining Laval is a cast of nationally-acclaimed Celtic performers including bagpiper, bombardist, Celtic harpist, and an exceptional soprano.
Download the complete Fall 2017 Arts Array Program at www.vhcc.edu/ArtsArray.
- All Arts Array activities are free for the faculty, staff and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students and staff members of Emory & Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact
Phil Ferguson • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
and Mary Munsey • email@example.com • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.