The Virginia Highlands Community College Board is comprised of nine community members who serve as an advisory board to the State Board for Community Colleges. Board members play a key role in the development and evaluation of programs and services that ensure VHCC remains responsive to community needs.
As the list below indicates, the Board includes three members appointed by the Bristol Virginia City Council, four members appointed by the Washington County Board of Supervisors, and two members appointed by the Smyth County Board of Supervisors. Each member is appointed for a four-year term and can serve for two consecutive terms.
Appointed by the City of Bristol
Ms. Catherine Brillhart, Vice Chair
Mr. Joe Kerr
Mr. James (Jamey) F. Rector, Jr.
Appointed by Smyth County
Ms. Kimberly R. Clark
Appointed by Washington County
Mr. Thomas (Tom) M. Hicok
Mr. Tony Miller
Mr. Joseph C. Straten, Chair
Dr. John Lentz
The Florida Project
- Date: 02/26/2018 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Location: Abingdon Cinemall
721 E Main St
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
A single mother (Bria Vinaite) lives with her six-year-old daughter (Brooklynn Prince) in a cheap Florida motel run by a tough but kind manager (Willem Dafoe). The girl spends her time daydreaming and playing with other kids, while her mom struggles to make ends meet. Sean Baker (Tangerine) co-wrote and directed this drama. Valeria Cotto and Christopher Rivera co-star. (Rated R'115 minutes)
Dates: Monday and Tuesday, February 26 and 27
Times: 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Cost: $7.75 Community Admission
Download the complete Spring 2018 Arts Array Program at www.vhcc.edu/ArtsArray.
- All Arts Array activities are free for the faculty, staff and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series at Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church for free.
- All films are free for students and staff members of Emory & Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact Tommy Bryant firstname.lastname@example.org (276) 739-2451 regarding film and drama events and Mary Munsey email@example.com (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts