Application for Employment Form
Student Support Specialist
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Minimum starting salary is $25,718.
- Posted Date:09/13/2017 11:16 AM
State role title is Education Support Specialist II, pay band three. Position #00033. Full-time position with fringe benefits. Minimum starting salary is $25,718.
Responsibilities: Serves as cashier in collection of funds. Receipts, records, and classifies State, Local, Federal, Bookstore, and Petty Cash funds. Ensures funds are balanced and batched daily for depositing. Issues security access cards. Maintains records on internal door keys and coordinates acquisition of keys. Provides friendly, efficient, and professional service to all clientele. Researches and resolves student account issues in courteous and professional manner in coordination with Student Accounts Specialist. Coordinates student accounts receivable maintaining detailed student files, preparing accounts for outstanding notices, recording and removing service indicators. Manages services between VHCC and Credit Collection Services and VCCS Shared Services Center. Assists in the preparation of quarterly accounts receivable report. Serves as Petty Cash custodian. Manages and maintains Federal cash management standards using the Federal G5 system. Manages Tuition Management System (TMS) tuition payment plan and private student loans. Processes local transactions in coordination with VCCS Shared Services Center. Maintains check registers and completes bank reconciliations. Maintains and documents issuance and return of gas credit cards. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with students and the general public.
- Ability to utilize front line decision making skills to ensure a welcoming and helpful environment.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to deal courteously and calmly with dissatisfied students and provide guidance within College regulations.
- Ability to perform detailed work with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and maintain proficiency in state computer systems and programs.
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality in the performance of job duties.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to an associate degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Strong commitment to quality customer service required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college.
- Previous cash management
- Higher education experience
Application: Submit cover letter, resume and complete the Virginia state application online through the Recruitment Management System at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/88537. Applications will only be accepted online. Submit all attachments with online application. Resumes may not be substituted for the application. Information on the application is the primary source used for screening the position. Failure to complete any section of the application may disqualify the application for further consideration. Applications should include complete work history, including periods of unemployment if applicable. To be considered in the initial screening, completed applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm EDT September 25, 2017. This position will remain open until filled. It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to ensure that all required documentation is received. Incomplete on-line applications or other materials submitted via e-mail, postal mail, fax or in-person will not be considered. The job announcement may be accessed at www.vhcc.edu (click on About The College and Employment Opportunities). For questions about the on-line application process please call (276) 739-2425.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position,
however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Documents verifying identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be presented upon hire.
VHCC participates in E-Verify.
Selected applicant will be subject to a background check.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer