Application for Employment Form
Student Accounts Specialist
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Minimum starting salary is $25,718
- Posted Date:09/13/2017 11:45 AM
State role title is Education Support Specialist II, pay band three. Position #00037. Full-time position with fringe benefits. Minimum starting salary is $25,718.
Responsibilities: Serves as head cashier in collection of all College funds. Validates computations, audits, and ensures funds are balanced and deposited daily. Maintains a welcoming and professional environment for students, faculty, and staff. Independently researches and resolves student account issues in courteous and professional manner. Serves as PeopleSoft SIS Student Financial Manager. Troubleshoots and resolves issue or questions concerning student and third party accounts and makes proper adjustments to SIS maintaining an audit trail. Analyzes and completes programming as SIS processes are updated. Initiates, generates, and launches data for Financial Aid balance checks. Coordinates, prepares, and controls external organization master file. Executes programs that group and post financial aid charges and student refund balances. Creates and generates data to produce accounts receivable invoices. Maintains, posts, and reconciles manual accounts receivable system. Analyzes and computes accounts receivable data required for the quarterly accounts receivable report. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with students and the general public.
- Ability to utilize front line decision making skills to ensure a welcoming and helpful environment.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to deal courteously and calmly with dissatisfied students and provide guidance within College regulations.
- Ability to perform detailed work with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and maintain proficiency in state computer systems and programs.
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality in the performance of job duties.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to an associate degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Strong commitment to quality customer service required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college.
- Previous cash management
- Higher education experience
Application: Submit cover letter, resume and complete the Virginia state application online through the Recruitment Management System at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/88545. Applications will only be accepted online. Submit all attachments with online application. Resumes may not be substituted for the application. Information on the application is the primary source used for screening the position. Failure to complete any section of the application may disqualify the application for further consideration. Applications should include complete work history, including periods of unemployment if applicable. To be considered in the initial screening, completed applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm EDT September 25, 2017. This position will remain open until filled. It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to ensure that all required documentation is received. Incomplete on-line applications or other materials submitted via e-mail, postal mail, fax or in-person will not be considered. The job announcement may be accessed at www.vhcc.edu (click on About The College and Employment Opportunities). For questions about the on-line application process please call (276) 739-2425.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position,
however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Documents verifying identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be presented upon hire.
VHCC participates in E-Verify.
Selected applicant will be subject to a background check.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer