Application for Employment Form
Faculty, Virginia Appalachian Tricollege Nursing Program, Evening and Weekend Program. Position based primarily at Mountain Empire Community College in Big Stone Gap, VA
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:F0091
- Posted Date:11/03/2017 10:47 AM
- Registered Nurse with Master’s degree in Nursing or currently enrolled in a MSN program required.
- Two years recent, related clinical experience required.
- Successful teaching experience at the community college level preferred.
- Candidate must be proficient in oral and written communication in the English language.
- Demonstrated understanding of and belief in the comprehensive mission of community colleges.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college required.
- Teaching of Fundamentals, Medical/Surgical, Pediatric (pediatrics is integrated in the curriculum), Obstetrical and Psychiatric Nursing in clinical and classroom.
- Advising students on curriculum and career goals.
- Work closely with VATNP faculty in implementation of the part-time and weekend RN and LPN to RN option of the Virginia Appalachian Tricollege Nursing Program.
- Travel among the three colleges with evening and weekend hours required.
- Serving on college/program committees.
- Develop new courses as required.
- Integrate concepts based principles of nursing education.
- Collaborate with VATNP instructors to teach courses via distance learning media.
- Maintain ten office hours per week.
- Establish and assess student outcomes and participate in institutional effectiveness initiatives to include assessment and program reviews.
- Participate in college, community and professional activities.
- Pursue professional growth and development activities in his/her discipline(s).
- Perform other such duties as may be deemed appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college.
Rank and Salary: Rank and salary dependent on academic credentials and work experience
Available: January 1, 2018. This is a full-time nine-month teaching position. Reappointment will be based on performance evaluations and institutional needs.
The program: The Virginia Appalachian Tricollege Nursing Program is a three college consortium program jointly operated by Virginia Highlands Community College in Abingdon, Southwest Virginia Community College in Richlands and Mountain Empire Community College in Big Stone Gap. The Program is approved by the Virginia State Board of Nursing and accredited by theAccreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA, 30326. (Website: www.acenursing.org).
- A letter of interest addressing qualifications for position, view of the community college faculty role and professional aspirations
- A FULLY completed Commonwealth of Virginia employment application online through the Recruitment Management System at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/93781.
- Names of three professional references with current addresses and telephone numbers
- Complete and legible set of unofficial transcripts
To be considered in the initial screening, completed applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm EST November 15, 2017. This position will remain open until filled. Applications will ONLY be accepted online through the Recruitment Management System. Resume, letter of interest, references and copies of ALL college transcripts must be attached to online application. Resumes will not substitute for a completed state application. Information on the application is the primary source used for screening the position. Failure to complete any section of the application may disqualify the application for further consideration. Applications should include complete work history, including periods of unemployment if applicable. Transcripts should be combined into one document and uploaded as one file. If you are having difficulty attaching documents, please call Human Resources at 276-739-2425. If the file size of the attached documents is too large, the system will not allow you to upload the documents. You will need to reduce the file size or reduce the resolution. It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to ensure that all required documentation is received. Incomplete on-line applications or other materials submitted via e-mail, postal mail, fax or in-person will not be considered.
If your transcripts are on file at VHCC as a current or former employee or if you need assistance, it is the applicant’s sole responsibility to contact the Human Resources Department by calling 276-739-2425 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request your transcripts be added to your application packet.
Official transcripts are required before a contract will be issued. The job announcement may be accessed at www.vhcc.edu (click on About The College and Employment Opportunities). For questions about the on-line application process please call (276) 739-2425.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position,
however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Documents verifying identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be presented upon hire.
VHCC participates in E-Verify.
Selected applicant will be subject to a background check.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer