Application for Employment Form
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Virginia Highlands Community College will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection process(es).
For additional information, or to request assistance, please contact the Human Resource Office at 276-739-2425 or email@example.com.
Virginia Highlands Community College is committed to and recognizes the importance of diversity in our college community.
Virginia Highlands Community College is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics or disability in accordance with the Governor's Executive Order on Equal Opportunity and state and federal laws.
Adjunct Instructors-Workforce Development & Continuing Education Division
- Salary/Pay Rate:Rate depending upon academic preparation and work experience
- Posted Date:11/06/2017 1:15 PM
Adjunct Instructors- The Workforce Development & Continuing Education Division at Virginia Highlands Community College is seeking Adjunct Instructors in the following areas: ComTIA A+ Certification, Network + Certification, Security+ Certification, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Ethical Hacker Certification and Certified Cisco Entry Network technician.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Familiarity with the CompTIA curriculum
- Ability to connect with a wide variety of students
- Membership or involvement in related industry organizations
- Be certified in given area
- Strong communication including oral and presentation skills
- Student focused and work well without close supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible Schedule
- Experience as a technology instructor in higher education
- Experience working in the Information Technology field
- A FULLY completed Commonwealth of Virginia employment application online through the Recruitment Management System at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/94044.
Applications will ONLY be accepted online through the Recruitment Management System. Resumes will not substitute for a completed state application. Information on the application is the primary source used for screening the position. Failure to complete any section of the application may disqualify the application for further consideration. Applications should include complete work history, including periods of unemployment if applicable. Incomplete on-line applications or other materials submitted via e-mail, postal mail, fax or in-person will not be considered.
The job announcement may be accessed at www.vhcc.edu (click on About The College and Employment Opportunities). For questions about the on-line application process please call (276) 739-2425.
Documents verifying identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be presented upon hire.
VHCC participates in E-Verify.
Selected applicant will be subject to a background check.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer