Application for Employment Form
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Virginia Highlands Community College will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection process(es).
For additional information, or to request assistance, please contact the Human Resource Office at 276-739-2425 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virginia Highlands Community College is committed to and recognizes the importance of diversity in our college community.
Virginia Highlands Community College is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics or disability in accordance with the Governor's Executive Order on Equal Opportunity and state and federal laws.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Faculty Position
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Rank and salary dependent on academic credentials and work experience
- Posted Date:02/12/2018 4:28 PM
Position Number: F0093
- Registered Nurse with Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Two years recent, related clinical experience required.
- Candidate must be proficient in oral and written communication in the English language.
- Demonstrated understanding of and belief in the comprehensive mission of community colleges.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college required.
- Successful teaching experience at the community college level preferred.
- Successful teaching experience at the LPN level preferred.
- Develop, implement and evaluate curriculum, student learning outcomes, and program outcomes.
- Teach classes, labs and clinicals as assigned.
- Assume responsibility for seeing that an effective program of student advising and student scheduling is maintained.
- Formulate unit exams/quizzes and guidelines for measuring student competencies, prepare and file course syllabi and outlines, order textbooks, keep and record grades and attendance.
- Assure that the required program documentation is accurate and submitted on time.
- Prepare budget estimates for personnel, supplies, and equipment to be submitted to the Dean of Nursing and Allied Health.
- Assume responsibility for all program equipment and supplies as well as maintenance of the skills lab while used by LPN students.
- Maintain ten office hours per week.
- Establish and assess student outcomes and participate in institutional effectiveness initiatives to include assessment and program reviews.
- Orient and mentor program instructors to the mission and program goals of the LPN Program
- Develop a detailed schedule of classes for recommendation to the Dean of Nursing & Allied Health.
- Prepare an annual report of the program activities, and make recommendations for changes in policies and regulations.
- Participate in recruitment, selection, and admission of students to the program.
- Develop and maintain cooperative agreements with health care agencies.
- Participate in annual meetings provided by the Virginia Board of Nursing for program directors.
- Identify a Community Advisory Committee and plan bi-annual meetings.
- Participate in college, community and professional activities.
- Represent Virginia Highlands Community College Practical Nursing Program at professional meetings and at public functions when appropriate.
- Perform such other functions as may be designated by the Dean of Nursing and Allied Health, the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services, or the President.
- Pursue professional growth and development activities in his/her discipline(s).
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college.
Rank and Salary: Rank and salary dependent on academic credentials and work experience
Available: On or before April 1, 2018. This is a full-time nine-month teaching position. Reappointment will be based on performance evaluations and institutional needs.
- A letter of interest addressing qualifications for position, view of the community college faculty role and professional aspirations
- A FULLY completed Commonwealth of Virginia employment application online through the Recruitment Management System at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/102336
- Names of three professional references with current addresses and telephone numbers
- Complete and legible set of unofficial transcripts
To be considered in the initial screening, completed applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm EST March 9, 2018. This position will remain open until filled. Applications will ONLY be accepted online through the Recruitment Management System. Resume, letter of interest, references and copies of ALL college transcripts must be attached to online application. Resumes will not substitute for a completed state application. Information on the application is the primary source used for screening the position. Failure to complete any section of the application may disqualify the application for further consideration. Applications should include complete work history, including periods of unemployment if applicable. Transcripts should be combined into one document and uploaded as one file. If you are having difficulty attaching documents, please call Human Resources at 276-739-2425. If the file size of the attached documents is too large, the system will not allow you to upload the documents. You will need to reduce the file size or reduce the resolution. It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to ensure that all required documentation is received. Incomplete on-line applications or other materials submitted via e-mail, postal mail, fax or in-person will not be considered.
If your transcripts are on file at VHCC as a current or former employee or if you need assistance, it is the applicant’s sole responsibility to contact the Human Resources Department by calling 276-739-2425 or emailing email@example.com to request your transcripts be added to your application packet.
Official transcripts are required before a contract will be issued. The job announcement may be accessed at www.vhcc.edu (click on About The College and Employment Opportunities). For questions about the on-line application process please call (276) 739-2425.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position,
however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Documents verifying identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be presented upon hire.
VHCC participates in E-Verify.
Selected applicant will be subject to a background check.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer