Congratulations on your accomplishment! VHCC is honoring the Class of 2017 with two commencement ceremonies on Friday, May 12 in Joseph P. Johnson Grand Hall of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center. The first ceremony will begin at 5:00 p.m. and the second is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Guest seating will begin one hour before each ceremony.
- Determine which ceremony to attend and confirm your plans to participate. After May 5, please contact Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (276)739-2438 to confirm your plans.
- Please arrive at the Higher Education Center no later than:
- 4:00 p.m. to line up for the Processional for the 5:00 p.m. ceremony.
- 6:30 p.m. to line up for the Processional for the 7:30 p.m. ceremony.
- Tassels are worn on the right side of the cap until the degrees have been conferred.
- The Student Marshal will lead the Processional.
- Remain standing at your seat until the greeting begins.
- You may purchase photographs and a video of each ceremony. Information will be printed in the Graduation Program. The video order form is online on the Order Graduation DVD page. Photos will be available for purchase from SWVA Photography.
Doors to Grand Hall will open one hour before each ceremony.
Download 2017 Graduation Preparation printable flyer
Return to www.vhcc.edu/GradDetails.