Congratulations on your educational accomplishments. VHCC is honoring the Class of 2018 with two commencement ceremonies on Friday, May 11 in Joseph P. Johnson Grand Hall of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center.
The first ceremony will begin at 5:00 p.m. The doors of the Grand Hall will open for guest seating at 4:00 p.m.
The second ceremony will begin at 7:30 p.m. The doors of the Grand Hall will open for guest seating at 6:30 p.m. To alleviate traffic congestion, graduates and guests attending this ceremony are encouraged to delay their arrival until 6:30 p.m.
Please help us make this a memorable occasion for you and your guests by reviewing the checklist below and sharing it with those who plan to celebrate this special evening with you. If you have questions, please contact Student Services at (276) 739-2438 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Determine Which Ceremony to Attend & Confirm Your Plans by Friday, May 4
- Order Invitations
- Pick up Academic Regalia
- Review 2017 Graduation Preparation Guidelines
- Tree Planting Honoring the VHCC Graduating Class – Thursday, May 10 at 2:30 pm meet in the VHCC upper student parking lot (behind the LRC)
- Attend Graduation Practice
- Immediately following practice you will receive a gift and a boxed meal provided by the VHCC Foundation.
- Review Important Graduation Day Reminders
- Order a VHCC Graduation DVD
- Order Graduation Photographs
All graduates also are required to complete the Graduating Student Questionnaire.
The deadline for completing the questionnaire is May 11.