VHCC joins Mountain Empire and Southwest Virginia community colleges as a proud partner in the Virginia Appalachian TriCollege Nursing Program. Designed for those interested in becoming registered nurses, this challenging program combines classroom lecture with hands-on clinical instruction. Graduates are eligible to take the licensure exam and, on average, are highly successful. Dental Hygiene, Emergency Medical Services Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Physical Therapy Assisting, and Radiography programs are also offered through the Division of Nursing and Allied Health in collaboration with other colleges.
- Emergency Medical Services Technology (AAS)
- Nursing (AAS)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (AAS)*
- Radiography (AAS)
- Health Sciences (C)
- Computerized Tomography (CSC)
- Dental Assisting (CSC)
- Emergency Medical Technician (CSC)
- Emergency Medical Technology - Intermediate (CSC)
- Emergency Medical Technology – Paramedic (CSC)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (CSC)
- Medical Assistant (CSC)
In addition to the Nursing & Allied Health programs above VHCC offers programs designed for students interested in a medical office career. See the Business & Information Technology programs or the VHCC College Catalog and Student Handbook for more.