The Howl, Virginia Highlands Community College’s literary and art publication, is currently accepting submissions for its 2016 edition. We accept entries from students, faculty, staff, and alumni of VHCC, as well as current or former residents of Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee.
The following genres and mediums are currently being accepted:
- Short Fiction
- Nonfiction (Memoir or Essay)
- Black and White Photography/Artwork
*Please limit poetry to 50 lines and prose to 2500 words or less. Max of three submissions (of any genre combination) per entrant.
All content must be submitted as an attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Text should be saved in Microsoft Word format or in Rich Text Format
- In the subject line of the email, simply write, “Howl.”
- In the message section of the email, include:
- Your name
- Your e-mail and current mailing address with zip code (also include former address if you no longer live in the specified regions)
- The genre of the submission (i.e. “short fiction,” so that we can distinguish between non-fiction and fiction).
- Non-digital photography and physical artwork should be submitted to OTC 108 on the VHCC campus for scanning. However, artists must also e-mail the supplemental information (name, addresses, and genres) by the deadline. No paper literary submissions will be accepted.
*Submissions that fail to include the required information will not be reviewed.
Submissions will be accepted through December 31
For additional information, please contact Phil Ferguson at email@example.com or (276)739-2459