Have a job opening you would like to share? Submit the job using the Request a Job Posting form or contact: Mark Wildman, Career & Transfer Center Advisor at (276)739-2579 or email@example.com.
If there is any way that Virginia Highlands Community College can assist you in finding qualified applicants for
the positions that you post with us, please contact us and let us know.
If you obtain a job through one of the postings on our site, please contact us and let us know. We love to celebrate the success of landing a new job!
Please visit VHCC Human Resources for Positions Currently Available at VHCC.
Virginia Highlands Community College provides free job posting services for employers wanting to hire VHCC students or alumni. Allow 2-3 business days for your position to appear on the jobs board (online and in the Collins Student Center). Postings remain active for approximately 30 days. They can be re-posted upon expiration. To
request removal or reposting of positions, call (276) 739-2579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. VHCC does not
endorse employers, positions posted, or applicants
- Sales Team
Shields Electronic Supply
MUST BE WILLING TO LEARN AND HAVE GOOD PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE..BE ABLE TO SELL VIA: DIRECT VERBAL INTERACTION WITH CUSTOMERS, E-MAIL, TEST, DIRECT MAIL, HANDWRITTEN, TRADE SHOWS. HAVE GOOD UNDERSTANDING TO PROFICIENT WITH TECHNOLOGY. BASIC TYPING SKILLS. UNDERSTANDING OF WIRED AND WIRELESS NETWORKING. PERFORM MULTIPLE TASKS AS NEEDED. HELP OTHER TEAM MEMBERS.. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE. HAVE CLEAR/CLEAN DRIVING LICENSE. PASS BACKGROUND CHECK. DRUG FREE AND NON-SMOKER. GOOD HEALTH WITH ABILITY TO WORK STANDING, "TAKE THE STAIRS," AND LIFT 70 POUNDS.
ABILITY TO WORK OVERTIME. GRAPHIC ART SKILLS A PLUS.
Education: High School Graduate
APPLY AT email@example.com OR CALL 423-764-0157 FOR AN APPLICATION.
- Multimedia Journalist
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Qualified applicants must have a daily passion to cover local news and a competitive spirit to pitch quality, hard-news, enterprise stories that will lead our newscasts. You must possess a commanding on-camera presence and a conversational reporting style. Live-reporting experience is essential. You must demonstrate a visually compelling shooting technique and complementary video-editing abilities. More importantly, you must possess critical thinking skills, intellectual curiosity and a healthy skepticism towards conventional wisdom. That means you are exacting with the facts, you crave asking hard questions that get to the heart of the story and you have an outstanding writing ability that conveys those facts and interviews in an easy-to-understand manner. You must do all of the above with integrity and the utmost in ethical standards.
Additionally, you must show that you are an exemplary newsroom citizen; a team player who works well with others and performs under pressure quickly, efficiently and consistently. The successful candidate for this position will also have a “digital first” approach to reporting with demonstrable skills in AP-style writing for the web, as well as our social media platforms. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
You must apply online to be considered. Go to sbgi.net to apply
- MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN/MECHANIC
Bristol Housing (Authority) is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician/Mechanic. The Technician performs skilled maintenance and repair tasks on buildings, apartments, grounds, and equipment. This employee will be subject to on call rotation and overtime. Starting salary: minimum of $12.14 per hour, full-time with benefits.
Minimum Qualifications: • High School diploma/GED • Community college/technical school coursework desirable • 3 years experience in residential or commercial maintenance/repairs/construction • Basic computer skills • Valid driver’s license • Ability to pass police background check • Ability to be insured under the Authority’s bonding & vehicle policies • Ability to pass a physical examination and drug screening test • Pest Control knowledge/experience a plus
To be considered for this position, please email resume to Karena Coakley (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5:00 PM on November 30, 2017. EOE
- IT Supervisor
Line Power/Federal Pacific
The IT Technician position is responsible for being the first point of contact for all customers of Information Systems. The analyst is responsible for recording the details of reported IT service issues and service requests, and working to either restore service as quickly as possible or alerting and/or escalating them to the appropriate specialist support groups. The position requires technical troubleshooting abilities and excellent customer service skills.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
• Triage issues and service requests via phone, e-mail, online, chat, etc..
• Troubleshoot the end user’s issue and resolve upon the first contact, when possible.
• Accurately record and document all details of the issue or service request, including categorization and priority into the IS ticket system.
• Perform password resets.
• Provide remote access/VPN support.
• Provide "how to" assistance on all internally supported devices, applications, and systems.
• Escalate issues to appropriate second- and third-level subject-matter experts in accordance with service-level agreements, and follow up on incidents when appropriate.
• Leverage internal and external resources (knowledge bases, manuals, and support sites, vendors) to answer questions and resolve issues.
• Respond to end-user inquiries regarding the status of incident/service request tickets, and perform follow-ups.
• Contribute to the creation/facilitation/maintenance of FAQ documents, knowledge articles and user guides.
• Be an advocate for the end user to ensure he or she receives high-quality and timely service and support from the entire IT organization.
Primary Work Arrangements
• The ideal candidate must be able to work in a high-pressure environment to help provide consistently high-quality service and support to end users.
• IT service desk analysts are expected to cover specific service and support shifts and manage a large number of end-user requests.
• IT service desk analysts must foster relationships with end users and other IT service and support subject-matter experts.
• IT service desk analysts are expected to spend the majority of their time at their desk.
Required Knowledge and Skill
• Advanced desktop PC hardware and software knowledge
• Server and networking knowledge
• Advanced MS Windows and MS Office knowledge
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to quickly learn new technology and applications
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Strong time management skills
• Mature and self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
Key Behaviors and Competencies
• Ability to work well in a team atmosphere
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• A focus on customer satisfaction, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness
• Highly organized and effective in managing multiple tasks while maintaining high levels of user satisfaction
• Adherence to IT policies and processes to ensure consistent quality of service
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Time management skills to ensure satisfaction with IT services and the completion of projects on time
EMC expects that every team member will be guided by EMC’s Core Values.
It is vital that an individual in this position be capable of good communication skills. It is of the utmost importance that written communication is legible.
• IT experience – 2 years minimum (required)
• High school diploma or equivalent (required)
• AS degree (preferred)
• Help Desk experience (preferred)
• Computer software and hardware troubleshooting knowledge and experience (required)
• Software and hardware certifications a plus
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity and supports activities assigned by the help desk, network services, or other information systems group.
- Installs software, hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, network interface cards and disk drives on user's premises and performs PC Adds/Moves/Changes.
- Heavily involved in Adds/Moves/Changes involving physically running and configuring of various voice and data drops to multiple locations in an office and production floor environment.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information according to published procedures; enters and completes problem ticket information via the approved tracking system; logs all repairs and services performed; prepares progress reports.
Brandi Peters | Human Resource Manager- Recruiting, Onboarding & Training •Electro-Mechanical Corporation | 329 Williams Street, Bristol, VA 24201 |(P) 276-645-8955 • email@example.com/14
- Lead Teacher
Requirements: Full time position,responsible for maintaining age appropriate classroom environment for children 12 to 30 months of age. Ensure the physical, mental, emotional and social well-being and the supervision of his/her assigned group of children.
Education/experience: Must be a minimum of 18 years of age • CDA or Degree in related field • 2 years teaching experience in a licensed center preferred
Benefits: Full time position • Scheduled shifts between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday • Paid Holidays • Paid Training hours • Paid Sick Time • 2 weeks of paid vacation after 1 year of employment • Health/Dental/Vision Insurance • 50% off Childcare fees in either YWCA child care center • YWCA Retirement Plan
Send resumes to: YWCA Bristol * 106 State Street * Bristol, TN 37620 * Attn: Director of Licensed Programs or visit our website at www.ywcabristol.org
- Help Desk Technician
AtWork Personnel Services
Requirements: Must be able to quickly and effectively assist end users of an cable TV, Internet, and telephone service with hardware and software support issues. Customer contact will be through telephone, email, and sometimes in the office • Must have excellent customer service and communication skills • This position will also require excellent initiative, time management and documentation skills • The technician will be responsible for logging trouble calls, resolutions, and processes used in the position.
The customer service technician will assist users with technical issues relating to broadband Internet services, telephone, and cable television technical inquiries. Inquiries will involve troubleshooting in the following areas:
- Basic home networking and home broadband routers
- Connectivity issues
- Email support
- Web support
- Security and anti-virus
- Cable TV Set top box issues
- Telephone issues
The technician should have experience with the following applications and operating systems:
- MS Windows, all versions
- Windows Live Mail/Outlook Express
- MS Outlook
- Common web browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- MS Network configuration (TCP/IP)
- Hardware troubleshooting, including network interface cards, wireless cards, and broadband routers.
- Experience with computer systems, data networking and communications, helpdesk support preferred.
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Information Technology or other computer-related field.
- MCP, CCNA, A+, and/or Network+ certifications recommended
Apply here, then give our office a call at 423-764-1334.
- Electro-Mechanical Corportation
Electro-Mechanical Corporation is now hiring for the following positions:
Position is responsible for supporting the Engineering, Operations, Test, Marketing and Sales Teams and our customers with regard to programming, troubleshooting, testing, and consulting on PLC’s. Relays, HMI’s, Metering Devices, Monitoring Systems, SCADA Systems, Moxa / Modbus, and others. This position will act as a liaison between our customers and the company on technical issues. The position will become a liaison in the approval process with MSHA and state agencies on new product design and existing product modifications. Must be willing to work around voltages from 480V- 35,000AC. Above and below ground MSHA certifications are a plus. This position requires an Associate’s Degree in Electrical Technology or the equivalent with mining or related experience. A Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics is a plus but not required. Experience with mining products such as power centers, portable substations, vacuum circuit breakers is a plus.
Field Service Technician
Conducts field service visits to repair and service both mining and industrial products insuring customer satisfaction and minimum downtime. Provide start-up assistance to customers on new equipment purchases insuring that products meet customer expectations. Conduct training seminars at customer locations on the maintenance and repair of mining and industrial products. Provide feedback to plant engineering and manufacturing personnel for continuous improvement. This position reports to the Field Service Manager.
External contacts include customers on service issues, scheduling, and other sales training. The position may occasionally have contact with MSHA and other government agencies related to site inspections. Internal contacts include Manufacturing, Marketing, Engineering and Quality Assurance for LP, FPT & EMR as necessary.
This position involves travel to customer sites with 75% overnight travel.
Maintain the equipment and facilities thus supporting all operations in all departments as needed; to support Area Managers with replacement parts and outside technical services Comprehend and follow shop procedures, standard practice instructions, prints, diagrams and other written and verbal instructions. Manipulate apparatus and components to required workstations, equipment, stations and positions. Maintain and perform preventive maintenance on the equipment and facilities using computer programs and calibrated tools and equipment. Repair equipment as needed to assure minimal down time and cost. Maintain proper spare parts to insure quick recovery. Call technical support when needed to help troubleshoot or schedule service call. Comprehend and observe all safety and quality standards and participate in Kaizan and Area Focus Teams. Using manual tools, occasional solvents, and cleaning supplies to maintain a clean and orderly work area. Additionally support the housekeeping program by removing obsolete equipment parts. To maintain regular and timely attendance, to work in an efficient manner, and to work overtime when required, all sufficiently to support the continuous manufacturing process.
Reorganize areas in the facilities to optimize new production methods.
Move, install, or repair equipment such as machinery, buildings, doors, floors, plumbing, electric items, hydraulic items, pneumatic items, lighting, and ventilation as required.
Research source and price for materials, parts, and equipment as needed and submit requisitions.
Support environmental programs such as ground water control, disposal of oil and other used materials, and the eliminations of hazards inside and outside the facility.
Electrically test, troubleshoot and perform a quality assurance inspection on the equipment manufactured at Line Power Manufacturing. Normal manufacturing environment with some dust and noise. Voltages up to 100,000 volts. Troubleshoot energized circuits with 120 volts present. Comprehend and follow shop procedures, standard practice instructions, prints, diagrams and other written and verbal instructions. Manipulate apparatus and components to required workstations, equipment, stations and positions. Able to use hand tools and air tools. Determine proper method for testing various components. Complete testing, troubleshooting, and inspection of simple to complex electrical, electronic, and mechanical components and verify proper or faulty components. Interpret documented engineering and customer specifications and quality inspection requirements. Able to determine quality of workmanship as well as operation and function of electrical circuits. Assist with special work assignments as assigned by the Area Manager or designee with appropriate instruction and supervision provided. Comprehend and observe all safety and quality standards and participate in Kaizan and Area Focus Teams. Work with Engineering and design personnel to help solve problems and correct documentation for future use. Using manual tools, occasional solvents, and cleaning supplies to maintain a clean and orderly work area.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Position requires a two-year technical or vocational degree and 5 years of relevant work experience or appropriate combination of education, training, skills, and experience. The Human Resource Administrator can determine whether education and training are equivalent based on associate’s experience. Average knowledge of electrical and electronic test equipment. Average knowledge of operation and troubleshooting of PLCs. Basic computer skills.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High school or GED equivalent with a relevant Tech school or appropriate combination of education, training, skills, and experience. The Human Resource Administrator can determine whether education and training are equivalent based on associate’s experience.
Electrical Design Engineer
Develop electrical designs with drawings and specifications on all low voltage, medium voltage and 600-V specials ensuring the customer requirements are met. Provide technical assistance to marketing and customers on all product lines (except mining) ensuring that all technical questions are answered in a timely manner. Utilize NEMA, ANSI and UL standards to develop test parameters to verify that electrical designs meet customer specifications. Work with quality control and manufacturing to investigate and correct product and material problems.
Federal Pacific Transformer (FPT) provides low voltage and medium voltage transformers and electrical switchgear for a variety of industrial and commercial applications. In addition, FPT provides special design and manufacturing services for mining applications. All production, marketing, and manufacturing for FPT products is consolidated at the Bristol Virginia location. Sales of FPT products are handled by a variety of manufacturing representatives with both domestic and international locations. FPT provides high quality products at a competitive price. FPT operates in a highly competitive environment requiring the close management of costs at all levels of the organization.
The primary contacts are Marketing and Customers on technical support issues and proposal development. Other contacts include Manufacturing Associates on test procedures and process improvements. The incumbent will work with accounting on quote preparation and other Engineering associates on technical issues and design specifications. The incumbent will also work with Mechanical Engineers on mechanical design specifications ensuring a product that meet customer needs. The position will also work with Underwriters Laboratories on maintaining and upgrading UL files.
The position requires BS in Electrical Engineering, with one to three years of experience. An understanding of electrical theory and electromagnetics is also required. A basic understanding of electrical design and simulation software is also helpful. Knowledge of NEMA, UL and ANSI standards is also required. Other combinations of education and experience may be accepted, if deemed appropriate by the General Manager.
- Develop coil and core design for low voltage and medium voltage transformers. Utilize special software and H.P. design programs to meet customer specifications.
- Provide technical support to Marketing and customers on all product lines except mining.
- Provide technical assistance to the plant on test procedures that conform to the industry standards.
- Work with Marketing to evaluate customer requirements and prepare technical specifications.
- Use special design and modeling software to complete all drawings and special specifications.
- Maintain existing UL and CSA files and inspection documentation.
- Complete certified test reports as required. Compile and maintain test data.
- Assist with redesign of standard product lines on an as needed basis.
- Arrange and organize special projects.
- Provide support to other Engineers on an as needed basis.
- Participate in cost saving projects or strive to individually submit cost saving suggestions equal to or greater than annual salary.
For more information and to apply, contact Brandi Peters, Human Resource Manager at 276-645-8955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internship (Electronics or Controls)
Requirements: This position requires verifiable VHCC credentials and a desire to participate in an important team, in Hapco’s fast-paced manufacturing environment. • should be motivated self-starters with problem solving and analytical skills. Candidates should also be detail and team oriented and show a desire to expand their current skill sets through hands-on education and training.
This position includes:
Hapco has a very full ‘catch all’ inventory room which needs sorting followed by identification and documentation. Items include circuit boards, PLC cards, electronic components and much more.
Education/experience: Excel experience. The intern will create a spreadsheet of all parts, control cards, (relay logic, etc.) as he/she inventories the room. This individual must be very focused, willing and able to help with organization of these important items • This is a dirty job as the room has been idle for quite a while.
MUST use Job Code VHCC-110117 to apply
For consideration, provide resume, pertinent college information and any support documentation to:
Mail HAPCO, 26252 Hillman Hwy.,
Attn: HR Dept., Abingdon, VA 24210
Equal Employment Opportunity & Drug Free Workplace
- Part-Time Staff
Workout Anytime Bristol is hiring for part-time staff at our fitness facility!! Fun, fast-paced, friendly environment!
- Looking for motivated individuals who enjoy working with the public.
- 10-15 hours a week.
- Morning, evening, and weekend shifts available.
To apply, go online at http://workoutanytime.com/company/employment • Select the Bristol location • Complete online application and send.11/6/17
- Maintenance Technician
Forest City Realty Trust, Inc.
Requirements: We are searching for a talented Maintenance Technician to be based out of Richmond, VA. At Forest City, we are thoughtful in social responsibility and pride ourselves in fostering an inclusive and dynamic workplace that provides opportunities for continuous growth!
The Maintenance Technician repairs and maintains the machinery and mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning at a shopping center, office building, or multi-unit residential property. May also perform general, advanced or specialized maintenance functions depending on property needs.
• Repairs and maintains machinery such as motors, pumps, belts, and fans.
• Repairs and maintain mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning. Diagnoses problems. Disassembles units, cleans, lubricates, repairs, and replaces parts
• Performs routine to difficult carpentry duties, including installation of new doors and installation or repairs of doorjambs, moldings, hinges, door closers, locks, knobs, shelving and counter installation, ceiling tile/grid repair and installation, etc.
• Performs routine to difficult painting duties, including drywall or plaster repair, painting, etc.
• Performs routine to difficult plumbing duties, inspecting, installing, repairing and replacing pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures, unclogging sinks and toilets, repair of faucet, assemblies and replacement of washers, repairs or replacement pipes, repair of fountains, etc.
• Performs routine to difficult electrical duties, including inspecting and testing lighting, wiring and power circuits, replaces faulty switches, and replaces faulty lamps and ballasts.
• Performs preventive maintenance duties as assigned. • This position requires up to 10% travel.
Education/experience: • This position requires a High School Diploma / GED, or equivalent work experience.
• May have additional 3 years of experience to the required experience below to offset educational requirements.
• 3-4 years of required experience in working on a commercial or multi-unit residential property.
• Depending on property needs, may require certifications in trade disciplines (HVAC).
• Depending on property needs, may be required to have a valid state driver's license.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace
Apply Online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/fgw2gjcz383drnqp
- Event Management Support
Bristol Train Station
This part time position will provide event management support for Bristol Train Station events. Applicants must possess the necessary skills to deliver excellent customer service and create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests and clients. Work independently and complete duties and responsibilities in a timely manner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting tours for prospective clients
- Event management
- The set up and tear down of events
- Providing excellent customer service to clients, guest and vendors
- Event management requires night, weekend and holiday availability
Education/experience: High school Diploma or equivalent. 2 years customer service.
Send resumes to: Bristol Train Station • 101 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd • Bristol, VA 24201 • Attn: Business and Human Resource Administrator.
- Tax Preparer
Liberty Tax Service
No experience necessary • Training Provided • Flexible plus commission and bonuses
To apply contact Amanda Roe @ 423-990-1040