Have a job opening you would like to share? Submit the job using the Request a Job Posting form or contact: Mark Wildman, Career & Transfer Center Advisor at (276)739-2579 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If there is any way that Virginia Highlands Community College can assist you in finding qualified applicants for
the positions that you post with us, please contact us and let us know.
If you obtain a job through one of the postings on our site, please contact us and let us know. We love to celebrate the success of landing a new job!
Please visit VHCC Human Resources for Positions Currently Available at VHCC.
Virginia Highlands Community College provides free job posting services for employers wanting to hire VHCC students or alumni. Allow 2-3 business days for your position to appear on the jobs board (online and in the Collins Student Center). Postings remain active for approximately 30 days. They can be re-posted upon expiration. To
request removal or reposting of positions, call (276) 739-2579 or email email@example.com. VHCC does not
endorse employers, positions posted, or applicants
- Rigger - Tracker Marine Service Dept.
Bass Pro Shop
Use mechanical and power tools to install and connect motors and accessories on boats or ATVs as per factory specifications or as specified on work orders.
1. Support a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
2. Rig boat package per factory specifications.
3. Rig boat package as specified on work orders.
4. Notify Service Manager when rigging of specified unit received from manufacturer is not acceptable.
5. Work in an efficient manner to maintain service schedules.
6. Prepare loose motors or trailers for delivery to customer.
7. Test each unit for proper and safe operation using established marine service procedures. 8. Notify Service Manager if unit has problems that need additional work.
9. Follow work order procedures for requesting and obtaining parts, performing labor and completing paperwork.
10. Follow work order procedures when requesting parts or performing labor not listed on work order.
11. Compile warranty packages per outlined process for every unit.
12. Properly complete rigging checklist and assist with inspection process for each unit.
13. Install optional equipment and/or accessories as per customer’s request.
14. Notify Service Manager when customer’s request may not be possible or may cause a safety issue.
15. Maintain a clean and professional work area.
16. Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
17. Perform other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed.1/10
- Receiving Associate
Bass Pro Shop
Performs various merchandise stocking duties both in Receiving & on the Sales Floor
1) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
2) Organize and manage back stock daily
3) Replenish product on shelves and in back stock as required per Merchandising guidelines
4) Unloads trucks as needed
5) Remains Product “expert” through ongoing product knowledge training
6) Knowledgeable of advertised sales and plan-o-grams
7) Assists with pricing maintenance and signing
8) Keeps work area clean, neat and well stocked with supplies
9) Follows all Company Policies and Procedures
Apply at www.basspro,com/Shop/en/caeer-opportunities and select Bristol TN
- Bass Pro- Club Membership Manager
Become a part of the Bass Pro CLUB team! At Bass Pro, we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Bass Pro has an opening for a Retail CLUB Membership Manager in the CLUB Booth department at our retail store.
Oversees and drives the Bass Pro’s CLUB program account acquisition, activation, sales, customer experience, expense management, Associate development and regulatory compliance as a member of the retail management team. Lead design and execution of strategies to enhance key performance indicators that drive revenue. Serve as primary CLUB liaison in the retail store with CLUB and retail store management. Ability to consistently exceed customer expectations and show commitment to Bass Pro’s Core Values.
Essential Job Functions:
•Lead design and execution of account acquisition for retail store. Drive strategies around referral programs, staff training, performance management, incentives and recognition and other approaches. Lead design and execution of Bass Pro’s CLUB activation and sales generation through influence of Associate and Managers to gain buy-in within other areas of the business. Coach, lead and model customer service strategies and CLUB integration into service standards and expectations. Review and analyze reports on dashboards for relevant performance metrics. Lead development and execution of corrective action planning for store for targets being missed.
•Lead execution of all Bass Pro’s CLUB operational and compliance programs and coordinate and improve execution of all CLUB Booth operations to further drive Bass Pro’s CLUB performance and compliance. Execute all training, communication, account management, adding points, payment at retail execution and use of promotional materials. Ensure compliance with all regulations and successful completion of audits and review. Supervise staff on execution of all related responsibilities within the CLUB booth and throughout all departments within the store.
•Lead execution of all CLUB promotional offers, program pitch delivery, program services, marketing materials and Associate interaction for all Associates in the store. Ensure all CLUB promotional offers marketing materials are placed to expectations and Associates are properly trained on the promotion.
•Serve as the lead of the CLUB Instant Issuance process, including plastic and supply inventory, dual control, proper documentation, training and user management.
•Lead Bass Pro’s CLUB labor and talent acquisition and development of CLUB Booth Associates including scheduling, recruitment, hiring, and performance appraisals and issuing appropriate discipline steps as needed.
•Serve as the primary CLUB liaison for the retail management team, updating and communicating on all performance, actions and decisions related to Bass Pro’s CLUB. Primary CLUB contact for Asset Protection, Human Resources, Lincoln CLUB and Divisional Leadership regarding issue resolution and investigations. Partnership with internal and external partners for onsite and offsite events.
www.basspro,com/Shop/en/caeer-opportunities and select Bristol TN
•High School Diploma or Equivalent
•2 to 4+ Years Sales, Management, Leadership
•Offering Legendary Customer Service involves this position having access to be able to run programs that access the customer’s unencrypted credit card, to be able to retrieve unencrypted cards for handling mail in returns, CLUB Visa Cards when customer is on site and left cards at home, research transactions for lost receipts, etc. With this said, this position requires the ability to access customer information including unencrypted credit cards.
- Lead Teacher
This full time position will be responsible for maintaining age appropriate classroom environment for children 12 to 30 months of age. While ensuring the physical, mental, emotional and social well-being and the supervision of his/her assigned group of children.
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
CDA or Degree in related field
2 years teaching experience in a licensed center preferred
Full time position
Scheduled shifts between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Paid Training hours
2 weeks of paid vacation after 1 year of employment
50% off Childcare fees in either YWCA child care center
YWCA Retirement Plan
HOW TO APPLY
Send resumes to: YWCA Bristol * 106 State Street * Bristol, TN 37620 * Attn: Director of Licensed Programs or visit our website at www.ywcabristol.org
- Remote Service Technician
Support.com (NASDAQ: SPRT) is a fast paced environment fully committed to providing world-class customer service 24×7. The Remote Services Technician is an entry level role which provides inbound customer service support for basic troubleshooting and resolution of service related problems for high speed internet and wireless gateways. This is an exciting work from home opportunity requiring you to work and engage with others in a virtual environment, while providing our customers with a high quality customer service experience. As a Remote Services Technician you will be fully trained to perform the following duties.
As a member of this best-in-class technology services team you will:
- Answer inbound calls and greet customers
- Determine scope of customer issue in an effective and professional manner
- Manage credit card processing when necessary
- Encourage completion of customer survey
- Effectively resolve customer issue in a timely manner
- Properly document all customer interactions
- Adhere to quality standards determined by company and client
- Represent company in a professional and ethical manner
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction with focus on first call resolution
- Resolve customer requests by investigating problems, developing solutions and
recommend additional products and/or services relevant to assessment of the customer needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interpret a flow chart to deliver a work process
- Ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Communicate technical directions over the phone to inexperienced computer users
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment
- Ability to work in a very structured environment with scheduled rest and meal periods
- Type 30 to 40 words per minute
Home network setup and repair including:
- Wireless configuration for all operating systems including Windows, iOS, OSx, and Android
- Windows network configurations on XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10
- Router configuration
- Peripherals set up:
- Game consoles
- iPads and other tablets
- Printer and/or folder sharing
- Wireless printers
- Customer Service:
- Provide world-class customer service, remaining calm and professional while resolving sometimes complex issues
- Provide customers with opportunities to enhance his/her product by up-selling when appropriate
- Minimum of 1 year experience setting up home networks (or equivalent technical training)
- 1 year of related experience in a customer service environment
- Understanding of wired and wireless home networks using multiple network technologies such as cable modems, routers, printers, etc. (DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Port Forwarding)
- Successfully pass our technical test and complete our interview process
- Maintain good attendance
- Pass an extensive background check
- Experience in the work from home environment is a plus
- Must be at least 18 years
- Minimum CPU Speed
- 2 physical cores @ 2.7 GHz Processor or better
- 4 physical cores @ 2.2 GHz processor or better
- i5 or better processor preferred
- Minimum 4Gb RAM
- Minimum vertical monitor resolution of 1080 pixels (1920×1080 or higher preferred)
- Multiple monitors highly recommended
- 80 GB, 7200 RPM SATA hard drive or better
- Internet connection speeds exceeding 5Mbps down and 1Mbps up
- Satellite and/or Cellular connection (3g/4g) are not allowed.
- Windows 8.1, 10 including .NET 4.5 with all security patches applied
- HTML5 Compliant Web Browser (IE11 or higher, Chrome, etc)
- Antivirus Software.
- Corded (not wireless) noise canceling USB Headset
Working for Support.com:
- During Training – $9.00 per hour*
- After Training – $10.25 per hour**
- Testing required
- Extra Hours Available
- 100% Work from Home
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K plan
*$8.50 per hour plus $.50 cent per hour for reimbursement
**$9.75 per hour plus $.50 cent per hour for reimbursement
Support.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Direct Care Professional and MH Direct Service Professional
Creative Family Solutions/Res Care
If you are a caring, self-motivated person that would enjoy working with individuals that need assistance and training to accomplish life enhancing goals, this may very well be an opportunity for you! This very important venture is both challenging and gratifying as you work with these individuals within their homes and out in the community.
• Part Time & Full Time positions
• Schedules based on client needs
Please visit: Rescare.com to apply online by the following paths on website:
• Search Jobs
• Search by Abingdon, VA
or call 1-855-203-1032
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must have good driving record
• Must have valid & current auto insurance
• Must pass Criminal & Background screening
• High School Diploma or GED
- IT Technician
Line Power/Federal Pacific
The IT Technician position is responsible for being the first point of contact for all customers of Information Systems. The analyst is responsible for recording the details of reported IT service issues and service requests, and working to either restore service as quickly as possible or alerting and/or escalating them to the appropriate specialist support groups. The position requires technical troubleshooting abilities and excellent customer service skills.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
• Triage issues and service requests via phone, e-mail, online, chat, etc..
• Troubleshoot the end user’s issue and resolve upon the first contact, when possible.
• Accurately record and document all details of the issue or service request, including categorization and priority into the IS ticket system.
• Perform password resets.
• Provide remote access/VPN support.
• Provide "how to" assistance on all internally supported devices, applications, and systems.
• Escalate issues to appropriate second- and third-level subject-matter experts in accordance with service-level agreements, and follow up on incidents when appropriate.
• Leverage internal and external resources (knowledge bases, manuals, and support sites, vendors) to answer questions and resolve issues.
• Respond to end-user inquiries regarding the status of incident/service request tickets, and perform follow-ups.
• Contribute to the creation/facilitation/maintenance of FAQ documents, knowledge articles and user guides.
• Be an advocate for the end user to ensure he or she receives high-quality and timely service and support from the entire IT organization.
Primary Work Arrangements
• The ideal candidate must be able to work in a high-pressure environment to help provide consistently high-quality service and support to end users.
• IT service desk analysts are expected to cover specific service and support shifts and manage a large number of end-user requests.
• IT service desk analysts must foster relationships with end users and other IT service and support subject-matter experts.
• IT service desk analysts are expected to spend the majority of their time at their desk.
Required Knowledge and Skill
• Advanced desktop PC hardware and software knowledge
• Server and networking knowledge
• Advanced MS Windows and MS Office knowledge
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to quickly learn new technology and applications
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Strong time management skills
• Mature and self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
Key Behaviors and Competencies
• Ability to work well in a team atmosphere
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• A focus on customer satisfaction, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness
• Highly organized and effective in managing multiple tasks while maintaining high levels of user satisfaction
• Adherence to IT policies and processes to ensure consistent quality of service
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Time management skills to ensure satisfaction with IT services and the completion of projects on time
EMC expects that every team member will be guided by EMC’s Core Values.
It is vital that an individual in this position be capable of good communication skills. It is of the utmost importance that written communication is legible.
• IT experience – 2 years minimum (required)
• High school diploma or equivalent (required)
• AS degree (preferred)
• Help Desk experience (preferred)
• Computer software and hardware troubleshooting knowledge and experience (required)
• Software and hardware certifications a plus
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity and supports activities assigned by the help desk, network services, or other information systems group.
- Installs software, hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, network interface cards and disk drives on user's premises and performs PC Adds/Moves/Changes.
- Heavily involved in Adds/Moves/Changes involving physically running and configuring of various voice and data drops to multiple locations in an office and production floor environment.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information according to published procedures; enters and completes problem ticket information via the approved tracking system; logs all repairs and services performed; prepares progress reports.
Brandi Peters | Human Resource Manager- Recruiting, Onboarding & Training •Electro-Mechanical Corporation | 329 Williams Street, Bristol, VA 24201 |(P) 276-645-8955 • firstname.lastname@example.org/14
- Test Technician
Line Power/Federal Pacific
PURPOSE OF JOB: To electrically test, troubleshoot and perform a quality assurance inspection on the equipment manufactured at Line Power Manufacturing.
UNUSUAL ENVIRONMENT FACTORS: Normal manufacturing environment with some dust and noise. Voltages up to 100,000 volts. Troubleshoot energized circuits with 120 volts present.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS TO ACCOMPLISH CENTRAL PURPOSE:
- Comprehend and follow shop procedures, standard practice instructions, prints, diagrams and other written and verbal instructions.
- Manipulate apparatus and components to required workstations, equipment, stations and positions.
- Able to use hand tools and air tools.
- Determine proper method for testing various components.
- Complete testing, troubleshooting, and inspection of simple to complex electrical, electronic, and mechanical components and verify proper or faulty components.
- Interpret documented engineering and customer specifications and quality inspection requirements.
- Able to determine quality of workmanship as well as operation and function of electrical circuits
- Assist with special work assignments as assigned by the Area Manager or designee with appropriate instruction and supervision provided.
- Comprehend and observe all safety and quality standards and participate in Kaizan and Area Focus Teams.
- Work with Engineering and design personnel to help solve problems and correct documentation for future use.
- Using manual tools, occasional solvents, and cleaning supplies to maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- To maintain regular and timely attendance, to work in an efficient manner, and to work overtime when required, all sufficiently to support the continuous manufacturing process
- Work in close concert with, and getting along with, co-workers.
- Perform and develop calibration procedures.
- Perform and develop testing procedures.
- Assist in assigned Research and Development projects.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires a two-year technical or vocational degree and 5 years of relevant work experience or appropriate combination of education, training, skills, and experience. The Human Resource Administrator can determine whether education and training are equivalent based on associate’s experience.
To apply contact Brandi Peters at email@example.com
• Tax Preparer
Liberty Tax Service
No experience necessary • Training Provided • Flexible plus commission and bonuses
To apply contact Amanda Roe @ 423-990-1040