Have a job opening you would like to share? Submit the job using the Request a Job Posting form or contact: Mark Wildman, Career & Transfer Center Advisor at (276)739-2579 or email@example.com.
If there is any way that Virginia Highlands Community College can assist you in finding qualified applicants for
the positions that you post with us, please contact us and let us know.
If you obtain a job through one of the postings on our site, please contact us and let us know. We love to celebrate the success of landing a new job!
Please visit VHCC Human Resources for Positions Currently Available at VHCC.
Virginia Highlands Community College provides free job posting services for employers wanting to hire VHCC students or alumni. Allow 2-3 business days for your position to appear on the jobs board (online and in the Collins Student Center). Postings remain active for approximately 30 days. They can be re-posted upon expiration. To
request removal or reposting of positions, call (276) 739-2579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. VHCC does not
endorse employers, positions posted, or applicants.
- A local Smyth County (Atkins) company is seeking applicants for an employment position, "Laborer".
- Required to be able to lift 70 lbs from wooden pallet to top of machine several times during shift.
- Place caulk cartridges machines.
- Required to perform Basic Math Skills
- Required to work with little supervision.
- Work hours Mon-Thursday 8:00 am-5:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Other duties as assigned.
To learn on how to apply call Bristol VEC 276-642-7350 or Marion VEC on Mondays and Wednesdays, 276-780-8334.
- YWCA in Bristol will be holding open interviews every Wednesday from 9 am to 1 pm for Childcare Positions for infants up to 5 years of age and Afterschool Educational Assistants for girls ages 8 to 13.
This position will reports to Sr. Division Controller. The requirements are as follows:
• An Associate’s degree in Accounting or Business - Concentration: Accounting certificate
• 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably)
• Proficient knowledge of general ledger and cost accounting
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Email resume to Amanda Castle email@example.com
Local Sales Manager
WCYB, located in Bristol, Virginia, is seeking a Local Sales Manager to build and maintain a high performing sales team that exceeds revenue goal by driving client results through creative marketing solutions.
The perfect candidate will:
• Maintain a well-developed sales team by identifying future staffing requirements within the sales department
• Ensure effective onboarding of new hires, including a smooth transition of existing clients to new hire’s portfolio, as well as recognize and reward high performance
• Consistently support Marketing Consultants in new business development by leveraging client-centric solution selling
• Establish sales strategies, plans, and alignment in support of revenue goals by creating annual, quarterly, and monthly business plans that link to revenue goals, including budgets, in consultation with the GSM/DOS
• Ensure each Marketing Consultant achieves revenue targets across existing, new, and digital business lines
• Ensure client results, satisfaction, and retention
• Attend sales meetings with key clients to accelerate the sales cycle, grow the account, and demonstrate commitment to client success
• Collect and analyze monthly and quarterly revenue forecast information for sellers on a weekly basis
• Review and resolve preemptions daily and manage sales orders and inventory
• Ensure strong performance of local and regional accounts and have a strong understanding of national accounts
• Work with the General Sales Manager on inventory pricing and management
• Other tasks as needed
• 4 -7 years of broadcast sales experience, including television sales
• Team management experience is preferred
• Proven success in developmental business and multimedia platforms, including web and mobile applications
• Passion for contributing to a sales team with a positive mindset
• Effective relationship building, customer service, communication, and negotiation skills
• A college degree is preferred
• An excellent understanding of TV and media plans, advertising marketplace, and key competition
• A strong understanding of the changing landscape of integrated marketing
• Ability to anticipate, meet and/or exceed customer needs, wants, and expectations
• The ability to adapt to all situations and personality types in the sales staff and client base
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
Johnson City, TN
The Account Executive will work independently and with a group to increase sales volume, achieve all budgets set forth and aggressively seek new business for both TV and digital clients. The Account Executive will execute plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintain awareness of the competition, and establish visibility in the community. 100% commission with monthly draw. Join a winning team. Applicant must have outside Sales experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals and budgets.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Make sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintain assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepare and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explain to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provide clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develop multi-media Marketing Plans to ensure clients receive results.
• Work with clients and production team to develop solid creative both on broadcast and digital.
Vacancy Type::Full Time
Pre-employment Drug and background screen required. EOE/M/F/V/D.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Event Administrator and Executive Assistant
Northeast TN and Southwest VA
Description - The Event Administrator and Executive Assistant plays a vital role in assisting and anticipating the needs of the CEO and organization. This position provides critical administrative support to a dynamic and fast-paced team, with the opportunity to engage in a variety of exciting and substantive projects. This position is also coordinates and provides support for organizational events.
Location – YWCA NETN and SWVA, 106 State Street and Volunteer Parkway office, Bristol, TN
Schedule – This is a full-time position with benefits, scheduled 40 hours per week. Scheduled work week, Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekend shifts are possible for meetings, events and trainings.
Education/Experience – Qualified applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, non-profit management or related field. Two (2) years of experience working with event planning and volunteer management.
Benefits – The YWCA offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (Employer pays a portion of employees health and dental premiums)
- Employer funded retirement plan (after 2 years employment, minimum hours requirement)
- Childcare services – Half price at any YWCA childcare center
- Free membership to the YWCA Women’s Health and Safety Center
How to apply –
Mail resumes to: YWCA NETN and SWVA, 106 State Street, Bristol, TN 37620 Attn: Kim Sims. Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply in person at: YWCA, 106 State Street, Bristol, TN 37620. Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Learn more at: www.ywcatnva.org
Highlands Insurance Agency
Looking for a high energy, cheerful, self-starter for our Allstate Insurance Agency (Highlands Insurance) in Abingdon, VA. Would love someone with some sales experience or someone that has an aptitude for sales. Candidate will need to study for and pass their Virginia Property and Casualty insurance license exam and become appointment with our insurance company.
Candidate needs to be technology savvy.
Candidate will be responsible for interacting with customers on the phone, through email and in person so they must have excellent communication skills.
Once licensed the candidate will be responsible for prospecting for new customers, looking for additional lines of insurance on current customers.
The candidate must be organized to enable them to follow a rigorous follow up process with customers.
Company offers base salary and once licensed bonus and commission. We have group health insurance, life insurance and other workplace benefits.
Send resumes to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pocahontas Resources LLC
Perform A wide range of administrative and office support activities for the General Manager/or managers to facilitate the efficient operation of the Company. Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software.
Please send a resume and request interview to email@example.com
Our Company requires an employee with written and verbal Excel experience, communication skills. attention to detail and accuracy,. We are willing to train the right candidate for this position.
To apply, email your resume to Pocahontas Resources LLC Pamela Blackburn firstname.lastname@example.org.
WCYB/WEMT, located in Bristol, VA, is seeking a Business Manager to perform accounting duties in accordance with company policies and procedures. Accounting duties include assisting with management of financial reporting and general accounting functions of the station, as well as ensuring that all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, company regulation, and GAAP reporting guidelines. The candidate will also be responsible for the supervision of human resources at the station.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, fixed assets, financial statements, etc.
• Prepare month-end journal entries, financial statements, forecasts, reports, variance analyses, etc.
• Review balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret the current and projected financial position of the organization for managers
• Coordinate the implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
• Interact with other organizational managers in preparing budgets, forecasts, and financial information
• Assist in other daily projects as assigned by the Regional Controller
• Supervise all human resources and payroll activities including:
- Preparation and review of the payroll process
- Recruiting and hiring compliance in accordance with FCC/EEO regulations
- Preparation of offer letters and initiation of background checks
- New hire orientations and exit interviews
- Employee relations matters, which may include disciplinary documents and investigating complaints
- Leave administration
- Maintenance of personnel files and other HR records
- Reporting/responding to workers’ compensation and unemployment claims
- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent, or enrolled towards such degree
• A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in accounting and Human Resources
• Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
• Working knowledge of payroll, human resources, internal control procedures, and general ledger
• Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
• Must be proficient in MS Excel
• The ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
• The ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Experience with Oracle is preferred
• Experience in the broadcast industry is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
apply online http://sbgi.net
Paralegal needed to work in a small law firm environment. Work closely with attorneys to prepare for upcoming cases. Must be able to work independently, maintain a sense of urgency and confidentiality. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Clean background check. Paralegal certificate not required but prior experience in a law office is preferred. Rate of pay depending on experience. Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Please submit resume and three professional references.
Please submit resume and three professional references by email or fax to Tyrel Shelley. Email: email@example.com and Fax (276) 628-2411.
Town of Damascus
The Town of Damascus is accepting applications for ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT until June 04, 2018. Duties include assisting with administrative duties, answering calls and emails, and assisting with event planning, community outreach, and the like. Requires a high school graduate or equivalent.
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
POSITION PLACEMENT: Appointed by the Town Council
PUBLIC SERVANT: Serves at the pleasure of the Council
REPORTS TO: The Chairperson of the Budget, Finance, and Administration Committee
REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or GED plus education and experience equivalent to at least an Associates Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide highly responsible professional, technical, and administrative duties that may deal with sensitive or confidential matters, performed in accordance with the legal requirements set forth in Town and State Codes. Position is responsible for providing direct support to the Mayor, Council Members, Town Manager, and Department Heads; as well as providing assistance to the general public, using discretion concerning official information. (Performs related work as required.)
Duties as the Administrative Assistant may include, but are not limited to:
1. Assist with preparation of agenda packets for meetings.
2. Post and distribute information to the public, as required by FOIA, and any other state code.
Applicants should submit resume and cover letter at the Damascus Town Hall, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., or firstname.lastname@example.org, by 2:00 p.m. on June 4. The Town of Damascus is an equal opportunity employer and complies with Federal Regulations regarding employment. Applications will be accepted until position filled.
Now Hiring Line Cooks, Servers, Bartenders and Server Assistants!
Apply online at www.drakeswantsyou.com, or stop by the hiring trailer at 508 Pinnacle Parkway in Bristol, TN 37620 Monday-Saturday from 9am-8pm and Sundays 1pm-6pm.