Business Office Mission
We are committed to honesty, integrity and trust while providing financial support services to students, faculty and staff of Virginia Highlands Community College in the following areas:
- Accounts Payable and Travel Reimbursement
- Accounts Receivable (Students and Other)
- Budgetary Management
- Distribution of Student Financial Aid
- Financial Reporting
- Grant Management
- Procurement and Contract Management
We are dedicated to serving all customers professionally and efficiently, adequately safeguarding the college’s assets, accurately recording and verifying operating transactions, and providing consultation services relevant to the areas described above. The creativity and commitment of our staff are the foundations of our success.
Business Office Vision
We strive to be recognized in full compliance with state policies and procedures, federal regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures by meeting the following objectives:
- Meet Commonwealth financial management standards defined by the Department of Accounts including compliance with prompt payment, procurement regulations and accounts receivable management.
- Meet the needs of students including timely and accurate processing of receipts and student refunds.
- Meet the needs of faculty and staff by ensuring timely notice and explanation of procedural revisions, conducting training workshops and providing individual consultations of problem or emerging issues.
- Be creative in the pursuit of technology issues and utilize technology to increase our efficiency to the maximum extent possible.
- Uphold the College’s values while supporting its mission.