Home · A-Z Index · myVHCC · Campus Closing · VHCC Alert · Employee Directory · Text Only
Workforce Training & Continuing Education
The mission of the Workforce Training & Continuing Education is to provide assistance, workforce training, and employee development to promote economic growth of business and industry and opportunities for personal development within the VHCC service area.
The services provided via Workforce Training & Continuing Education include: Continuing Education; Workforce Development; Apprenticeship Training; Community Services (noncredit); Small Business Development Center; Manufacturing Technology Center; and Procurement Assistance Center.
Where specific employment opportunities for new or expanding industries are available, special training activities are developed and coordinated through the Workforce Services of the Virginia Department of Business Assistance. The College’s role is to provide facilities, equipment, instructors and/or administrative service as needed.
1. Continuing Education. Today’s rapidly changing technology requires that employees’ skills be continually updated to avoid obsolescence. The mission of Continuing Education is to establish and deliver a total program, credit instruction, training and testing to professional groups for certification and licensure review.
2. Workforce Development. Pre-employment training and training for employed workers that helps to meet the need for highly trained workers to meet the challenges of today’s competitive world. Conveniently scheduled, custom-designed classes are offered on the College campus or at the worksite during-all hours of the day or night.
3. Apprenticeship Training. An employer sponsored training system which provides business and industry with skilled employees. Apprentices learn the “how to” of their occupation on-the-Job (OTJ), under the direction of highly skilled mentors; and they learn the “why” in related technical instruction in the classroom.
4. Community Services. Programs and training include noncredit classes, seminars, workshops and teleconferences that will continue and expand individual and community learning experiences.
5. Small Business Development Center. A Small Business Development Center provides one-on-one counseling, business education opportunities, and resources from the federal, state, local, academic, and private sectors to assist owners and managers to improve their competitiveness and profitability. Counseling services are provided free of charge and are confidential.
6. Manufacturing Technology Center. The MTC, located at Wytheville Community College, is a catalyst for economic growth and industrial competitiveness through training, applied research, and community-industrial service.
7. Procurement Assistance Center. Contracts between government and the private sector are available at all levels. The Center provides assistance with government contracting at the federal, state and local levels.
Career Studies Certificate programs are designed in response to the non-conventional short-term program of study needs of many adults in our service region for an award which provides for upgrading, retraining, and investigating career possibilities or specialized interests.
Career Studies Programs
Career Studies Certificate (CSC)
American Sign Language
Fire Science Technology
VA Education Wizard VHCC Expenses eVA Transparency Reports Grow by Degrees Contact Us