Student activities are designed to supplement the instructional program by providing a variety of meaningful, educational, cultural, social and civic experiences for all members of the campus community. The student activities program may include the following activities: professional entertainment, musical programs, cookouts, dances, stage plays, movies, intramural athletics, Student Government Association (SGA), clubs and organizations and special interest groups as approved by the College. The Student Success Center has a monthly activities calendar to keep students informed of current activities. The College encourages student participation in extracurricular activities on campus.
A student activity fee of $1.50 per credit hours is required for all students registered for credit courses. The fee subsidizes student programs, intramurals, and cultural events, including the Arts Array Series. VHCC students are admitted free to these events with a valid Student ID.
VHCC supports the development of a student activities program designed to promote educational and cultural experiences. VHCC recognizes and encourages honorary, scholastic, service organization, and club sports that do not restrict membership based on race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors. Private clubs, private associations, social fraternities, and social sororities are not authorized or recognized by VHCC. The following regulations and procedures apply to all student activity programs:
1. All student activities are under college supervision.
2. A full-time faculty or staff sponsor is designated for each student organization.
3. All student activity funds are deposited with and expended through the College Business Office, subject to State Board policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to such funds.
4. VHCC, with the approval of its local board, has developed its own regulations and procedures regarding the student activity program.
5. All student activity programs and organizations comply with VHCC’s non discrimination policy.