Home • A-Z Index • myVHCC • VHCC Alert • Campus Closing • Employee Directory • Text Only • Contact Us
Application for admission to VHCC is a voluntary decision on the part of a prospective student to participate in the programs offered by the College. Upon admission, students are subject to policies, rules, and regulations of VHCC and the State Board for Community Colleges.
Students are guaranteed the privilege of exercising their rights without fear of prejudice. Such rights include the following:
1. Students are free to pursue their educational goals. VHCC provides appropriate opportunities for learning curricula offered by the College.
2. No disciplinary action is taken against any student without due process.
3. Free inquiry, expressions, and assembly are guaranteed to all students provided their actions do not interfere with rights of others or the effective operation of VHCC.
4. Academic evaluation of student performance is neither arbitrary nor capricious.
5. VHCC provides for personal safety, protection of property, and the continuity of the educational process.
As provided by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), colleges may disclose the following directory information without the student’s prior consent: student’s name; participation in officially recognized activities and sports; address; telephone listing; weight and height of members of athletic teams; electronic mail address; degrees, honors, and awards received; date and place of birth; major field of study; dates of attendance; grade level; the most recent educational agency or institution attended; and number of credit hours enrolled. Students must provide official notification to the office of the college’s registrar to prevent the disclosure of directory information.
VA Education Wizard VHCC Expenses eVA Transparency Reports Grow by Degrees Contact Us