Position #00006 State role title is Administrative and Office Specialist III, Pay Band Three.
Full-time position with fringe benefits. Minimum starting salary is $24,479.00.
• Serve as office manager and provides administrative support to the division dean and division faculty.
• Act as primary contact person for the Division.
• Provide assistance and guidance to the public, students, faculty and other members of the college community in Division operations and scheduling.
• Prepare and maintains the Division schedule and a wide variety of division files.
• Use and maintain proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and PeopleSoft.
• Independently compose correspondence.
• Resolve or redirects student issues as appropriate.
• Oversee purchasing and travel operations for division and manage departmental budgets.
• Supervise and train work-study students in providing administrative support services.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will show evidence of an ability to:
• Work independently.
• Prioritize tasks and problem solve.
• Learn, interpret, and apply program policies and procedures.
• Learn and maintain proficiency in state computer systems and programs.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing including proper use of grammar, spelling, punctuation, editing and proof reading.
• Use a personal computer, Microsoft Office software and other automated office equipment.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals and groups.
• Utilize front-line decision-making skills in the areas of resolving or redirecting student and faculty issues as appropriate;
• Ability to maintain a high level of ethics and confidentiality in performance of all job duties.
• A minimum of education and/or experience equivalent to an associate’s degree in Business, Administrative Support Technology, Communication or related field, Bachelor’s or higher degree preferred.
• Community College experience preferred.
Application: Completed Commonwealth of Virginia Application for Employment, resume and letter of interest must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. EST. May 24, 2013. It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to ensure that all required documentation is received by the closing date. Resumes may not be substituted for the application. Application form and job announcement may be accessed at www.vhcc.edu (click on About VHCC and Employment Opportunities). Apply to Human Resource Manager, Virginia Highlands Community College, POB 828, Abingdon, VA 24212. Email documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org or online application materials may be submitted at http://jobs.virginia.gov/ .
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position,
however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Documents verifying identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be presented upon hire.
VHCC participates in E-Verify.
Selected applicant will be subject to a background check.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Application for Employment Form
Governor's Executive Order 85
Virginia Workforce Connection
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Effective June 1, 2011, Virginia Highlands Community College will use the E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.
Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.