Community members each year invest in VHCC students through their generous contributions to the VHCC Educational Foundation. These donations provide a variety of student scholarships, which are awarded to both first-year and second-year students and are based on academic performance, financial need and a variety of other factors.
Applications must be received in the Foundation Office by May 1, 2017. Late applications or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- One application allows the student to be considered for all of the scholarships available through the Educational Foundation.
- Only those students admitted to VHCC will be considered for scholarships.
- Scholarships are awarded for fall and spring semesters but are not available for the summer semester.
- Scholarship awards are based on the availability of funds and the criteria set forth by the appropriate governing body. All awards are subject to change.
- Unless otherwise stated, scholarships are awarded only to full-time students.
- Unless otherwise stated, scholarships are not renewed automatically.
- Students applying for scholarships that are based on a financial need should complete the FAFSA before submitting an application for scholarship by March 15 (www.fafsa.ed.gov). Financial need is determined through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The VHCC Educational Foundation will notify scholarship recipients of their award by a letter.
A listing of VHCC Educational Foundation Scholarships:
A student’s high school or college grade point average is considered in the application process. Students who have never attended Virginia Highlands Community College must submit a high transcript or other college transcript(s) to the VHCC Foundation Office, PO Box 828, Abingdon, VA 24212 or FAX to (276)739-2597
Other helpful websites:
For more information please contact the Foundation office, email@example.com or call (276)739-2449.