Arts Array: THEATRE PRODUCTION
- Date: 11/29/2018 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Location: Barter Theatre Gilliam Stage
127 W Main St
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
A hilarious tale of Buddy, a young orphan who accidentally crawls into Santa’s bag and is taken back to the North Pole. The would-be elf is raised, unaware that he is actually a human, until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities force him to face the truth. With Santa’s permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father, and discover his true identity. Faced with the harsh realities that his father is on the naughty list and his half-brother doesn’t even believe in Santa, Buddy is determined to win over his new family and help remember the true meaning of Christmas. After all, the best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear. Book by Thomas Meehan and Bob Martin. Music by Matthew Sklar Lyrics by Chad Beguelin. Based upon the New Line Cinema film written by David Berenbaum.
Limited number of free student tickets available first come, first served; please contact email@example.com for details
Download the complete Fall 2018 Arts Array Program at www.vhcc.edu/ArtsArray.
- All Arts Array activities are free for the faculty, staff and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • email@example.com • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.