Arts Array: CONCERT
- Date: 01/27/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church
136 E Main St.
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
Symbiosis (Sharpe and Dishman): A collaboration of two or more local musicians whose purpose is to charm, entice and seldom bring one to shed a tear. One can often hear folk, jazz, musical theater and opera if in earshot of said alliance. This description hints at the charm and fun that awaits the audience when they experience Hannah and John at their finest. Do not miss this exciting professional, yet locally grown duo.
Hannah Dishman, a New York City based actor/singer and a Bristol Virginia native, earned her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Vocal Performance from Manhattan School of Music in 2014 and 2016. Recently, Hannah performed with local group The Paramount Chamber Players’ in their concert series Undiscovered. Most notably, she performed operatic roles with Opera Theatre of Saint Louis in their 2016 and 2017 seasons.
John Sharpe is a multi-instrumentalist/vocalist, certified piano technician, and music educator. He received an Associates degree with a music specialization from SVCC in Richlands, VA, a BA in Studio Music and Jazz from the University of Miami in FL, and an MA in Music Education from Bluefield College in Bluefield, VA. He is currently the Director of Choirs and Drumline Instructor at Tazewell High School in Tazewell, VA and also accompanies and assists with the music department at Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church in Abingdon VA.
Admission is $10 at the door
Free with VHCC ID
Download the complete Spring 2019 Arts Array Program
- All Arts Array activities are free unless otherwise indicated, for the faculty, staff, and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students, faculty, and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • email@example.com • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.