Arts Array: SUNDAY WITH FRIENDS
- Date: 02/03/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Washington County Public Library
205 Oak Hill St NE
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
Meet Joe Tennis, feature writer for the Bristol Herald Courier and the author of eight books about the history and culture of Virginia. Swamped! is his second novel and captures his memories of growing up in Virginia Beach. It follows four teenagers as they explore the saltwater swamps of coastal Virginia and then have to find their way out after breaking an oar on their rowboat. It is a comic adventure and a coming-of-age story. Tennis’s other books include Along Virginia’s Route 58: True Tales from Beach to Bluegrass, Virginia Rail Trails: Crossing the Commonwealth, Southwest Virginia Crossroads, and Haunts of Virginia’s Blue Ridge Highlands.
Free for everyone
Download the complete Spring 2019 Arts Array Program
- All Arts Array activities are free unless otherwise indicated, for the faculty, staff, and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students, faculty, and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • email@example.com • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.