Arts Array: SUNDAY WITH FRIENDS
- Date: 02/17/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Washington County Public Library
205 Oak Hill St NE
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
Meet Bill Sizemore, author of Uncle George & Me: Two Southern Families Confront a Shared Legacy of Slavery. The book tells the story of his slave-owning Virginia ancestors, their slaves, and those slaves’ descendants. Its thread runs through the Civil War, Reconstruction, the Jim Crow era, the Great Migration, and the struggle for civil rights. Retired now from the Virginian-Pilot newspaper in Norfolk, where he was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize in 2007, he has written about topics as varied as state government and politics, the private military contractor Blackwater, the televangelist Pat Robertson, and Virginia’s prison-building boom.
Free for everyone
Download the complete Spring 2019 Arts Array Program
- All Arts Array activities are free unless otherwise indicated, for the faculty, staff, and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students, faculty, and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • email@example.com • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.