Arts Array: SUNDAY WITH FRIENDS
- Date: 02/24/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Washington County Public Library
205 Oak Hill St NE
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
Meet Mark Powell, one of the finest young Appalachian writers. His work includes Prodigals, Blood Kin, The Dark Corner, The Sheltering, and Small Treasons. He has received fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, Breadloaf Writers’ Conference, Sewanee Writers’ Conference, and in 2014 was a Fulbright Fellow to Slovakia. In 2009, he received the Chaffin Award for contributions to Appalachian literature. He holds degrees from Yale Divinity School, the University of South Carolina, and the Citadel. He teaches creative writing and contemporary fiction at Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina.
Free for everyone
Download the complete Spring 2019 Arts Array Program
- All Arts Array activities are free unless otherwise indicated, for the faculty, staff, and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students, faculty, and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • email@example.com • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.