Four Hands and Two Feet
Arts Array: SUNDAY WITH FRIENDS
- Date: 02/24/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church
136 E Main St.
Joby Bell serves as professor of music in the Hayes School of Music, Appalachian State University, where he teaches organ and church music studies. His teaching specializes in practice techniques, memorization, service playing, choral accompanying, and maintaining grace under pressure – lessons always best taught by example. His acclaimed blog at www.JobyBell.org deals with a comprehensive range of organ-related topics including teaching philosophies, recital preparation, church music, and professional concerns. He holds degrees from Appalachian State University and Rice University. He currently serves, as organist for St. Luke’s Episcopal in Boone, N.C.
Joseph Trivette is the holder of the Albert Endowed Chair of Music at Southwest Virginia Community College. Trivette received his Ph.D. in Music Education through Florida State University. He is also a graduate of Appalachian State University where he received a Bachelor’s degree in Music Education and Performance as well as a Master’s degree in Piano Performance. As a collaborative pianist, Trivette has worked with André Thomas, Rodney Eichenberger, Mary Goetze, and Robert Shaw. Choral ensembles under his direction at Southwest include the SWCC Community Chorus, SWCC Jazz Vocal Ensemble, and Southwest Virginia Children’s Choir. He is also the Director of Music Ministry at Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church in Abingdon, VA.
Admission is $10 at the door
Download the complete Spring 2019 Arts Array Program
- All Arts Array activities are free unless otherwise indicated, for the faculty, staff, and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students, faculty, and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • email@example.com • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.