Arts Array: SUNDAY WITH FRIENDS
- Date: 03/10/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Washington County Public Library
205 Oak Hill St NE
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
Meet Robert Gipe who is celebrating the publication of Weedeater: An Illustrated Novel, a sequel to his celebrated first novel Trampoline. Set in contemporary eastern Kentucky, it returns to the character Dawn Jewell, the center of her family, who is searching for lost family members, her lost youth, her lost community, and her lost heart in the most turbulent and deadly phase of the community’s battle with opioid abuse. Gipe, who is a native of Kingsport, Tennessee, is the director of the Appalachian Program at Southeast Community & Technical College in Cumberland, Kentucky where he is involved with an oral history-based theater project called “Higher Ground.”
Free for everyone
Download the complete Spring 2019 Arts Array Program
- All Arts Array activities are free unless otherwise indicated, for the faculty, staff, and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students, faculty, and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • email@example.com • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.