The Paramount Chamber Players
Arts Array: SPENCER-MILLER CONCERT SERIES
- Date: 03/17/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church
136 E Main St.
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
Musical Gems: The Beauty of Simplicity
Mastering compositional skills and understanding the mystery of music composition is a complex and often-difficult journey. Ironically, the most impressive music is often that which sounds simple and beautiful. TPCP brings you a program of musical gems designed to illustrate this conundrum. Mark Owen Davis will present Beethoven’s Adelaide, the song that forged the path for many composers afterward. In addition, Mark will share his vision of the importance of this song to future musical generations. Two gorgeous oboe sonatas by Saint-Saens and Poulenc presented to you by oboist, Larry Mueller and Zachary Millwood, bassoonist, will join us again to share the stage with a potpourri of lesser-known musical gems.
Free with VHCC ID
Admission is $10 at the door
Download the complete Spring 2019 Arts Array Program
- All Arts Array activities are free unless otherwise indicated, for the faculty, staff, and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students, faculty, and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • email@example.com • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.