Arts Array: SUNDAY WITH FRIENDS
- Date: 04/07/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Washington County Public Library
205 Oak Hill St NE
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
Meet Hal Crowther, the celebrated essayist, whose new book Freedom Fighters and Hell Raisers is a collection of profiles of some of the best and brightest of a recently departed generation of Southerners. “I don’t have children, so I’ve decided to claim all the future freedom-fighters and hell-raisers as my kin,” wrote Molly Ivins, one of the hell raisers profiled in this collection, along with James Dickey, John Hope Franklin, Doc Watson, Judy Bonds, and others. Crowther’s social and political commentary is published in national and regional outlets, from Time to the Atlanta Constitution, to the Oxford American. He is the husband of the beloved Appalachian writer, Lee Smith, and they live in Hillsborough, North Carolina.
Free for everyone
Download the complete Spring 2019 Arts Array Program
- All Arts Array activities are free unless otherwise indicated, for the faculty, staff, and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students, faculty, and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • email@example.com • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.