OCEAN Celtic Quartet
Arts Array: SPENCER-MILLER CONCERT SERIES
- Date: 04/14/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church
136 E Main St.
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
Come hear Washington, D.C.’s award-winning Celtic ensemble, the OCEAN Celtic Quartet, in a program of traditional and original music celebrating the return of the Sun and the greening of the land. OCEAN’s soaring vocals, fiery fiddle tunes, and rollicking button accordion will have your heart swelling and your toes tapping, while you sing along with songs that stretch back for centuries… Songs of Love, Lust, and everything in between. Not only will there be seasonal music, but dramatic readings of May poetry from the Middle Ages up through the 1800s… even a special guest appearance by the ancient Green Man, also known as Jack-in-the-Green!
OCEAN’s members are bandleader/multi-instrumentalist Jennifer Cutting (a Washington Area Music Association “Musician of the Year”); mesmerizing vocalist Chris Noyes (formerly of the maritime music group Crab Alley); champion Scottish fiddler Andrew Dodds; and traditional singer / Ph.D. folklorist Stephen Winick.
Free with VHCC ID
Admission is $10 at the door
Download the complete Spring 2019 Arts Array Program
- All Arts Array activities are free unless otherwise indicated, for the faculty, staff, and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students, faculty, and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • email@example.com • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.