The Paramount Chamber Players
Arts Array: SPENCER-MILLER CONCERT SERIES
- Date: 05/05/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church
136 E Main St.
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
In our final offerings of the 2018-19 season, TPCP presents a program featuring compositions of historical importance. Since its first performance in 1843, Schumann’s Piano Quintet has never disappeared from the canon of frequently heard chamber works. Its rare combination of lyricism and angst was a pinnacle of its time. Juxtaposed against this powerful tapestry is the clarity and grace of Mozart’s piano trio in E major, K 542 - one of the first piano trios where the strings have equal importance to the piano. Topping off this program is J. S. Bach’s Concerto for Oboe d’amore, BWV 1055.
Admission is $10 at the door
Download the complete Spring 2019 Arts Array Program
- All Arts Array activities are free unless otherwise indicated, for the faculty, staff, and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students, faculty, and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • email@example.com • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.