The Tri-Cities Jazz Orchestra - Cancelled
Arts Array: SPENCER-MILLER CONCERT SERIES
- Date: 11/03/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church
136 E Main St
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
We regret to inform you that the Arts Array event, Tri-Cities Jazz Orchestra,
scheduled for Sunday, November 3 at 3:00 pm has been cancelled.
We hope to reschedule this event for a future date yet to be determined.
The Tri-Cities Jazz Orchestra is a 17-piece big band comprised of musicians from Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. The band specializes in playing music from the big band era to present day including the music of Glenn Miller, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Buddy Rich, Maynard Ferguson, Stan Kenton and many more. Director and Drummer, Eddie Dalton, organized this group in 2017. Since then the group has performed for various venues and events throughout Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia including NPR live radio broadcasts, music festivals, theaters, restaurants and weddings.
Download the complete Fall 2019 Arts Array Program
- All Arts Array activities are free unless otherwise indicated, for the faculty, staff, and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students, faculty, and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • email@example.com • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.