Heart of Appalachia Community Orchestra
Arts Array: CONCERT
- Date: 12/13/2019 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: VHCC Keyser-Aday Theater
100 VHCC Drive
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
The orchestra has been directed by Kevin Townsend since 2005 and is made up primarily of music hobbyists, people who just enjoy listening to and playing music. The group also has a few music educators or former music educators, but most members have a non-music related career. They range in age from high school through retirees. Most members come from the Lebanon and Abingdon areas, but they also have members who drive from Kentucky and North Carolina. Their motto is 'Music is too important to be left to professionals.'
Musicians of all ages and abilities who play string, brass, woodwind, or percussion instruments are invited to join The Heart of Appalachia Community Orchestra. Please call (276) 701-5737, email email@example.com, or visit the HSVCO's Yahoo Group for more information. The Heart of Appalachia Community Orchestra can also be found on Facebook.
Download the complete Fall 2019 Arts Array Program
- All Arts Array activities are free unless otherwise indicated, for the faculty, staff, and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students, faculty, and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • email@example.com • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.