Fire in the Kitchen
Arts Array: CONCERT
- Date: 12/15/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church
136 E Main St
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
Student Admission - Free
Community Admission - $10
Playing a unique blend of Appalachian/Old Time/Folk and Celtic music since 2002, they have been sharing lively jigs & reels and beautiful airs & ballads to audiences all over the South. Based in Washington County, VA, Fire in the Kitchen's unique sound is created by the beautiful hammered dulcimer playing of Tammy Martin, the bass and guitar skills of Teddy Helton and the hauntingly beautiful sounds of the penny & low
whistle playing of Debbie Shrewsbury.
They've performed for many well-known artists and at a variety of venues locally and regionally including Dollywood's Festival of Nations, The Carter Family Fold, Bristol Rhythm 'N Roots, The Blue Ridge Celtic Festival, and others. They have made three appearances on the PBS program 'Song of the Mountains' filmed at the Lincoln Theater in Marion VA. The group has recorded 3 CDs and was honored to have their first CD 'An Appalachian Celtic Journey'
Download the complete Fall 2019 Arts Array Program
- All Arts Array activities are free unless otherwise indicated, for the faculty, staff, and students of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- Staff members and students of the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, including participants in the College for Older Adults who purchase an Arts Array pass, may attend all films and concerts in the Spencer-Miller Memorial Concert series for free.
- All films are free for students, faculty, and staff members of Emory and Henry College and King University.
For additional information about the Arts Array, please contact:
Patricia Tymon • firstname.lastname@example.org • (276) 739-2459 regarding film and drama events
Mary Munsey • email@example.com • (276) 739-2454 regarding concerts.