Did you know that many employment interviews are conducted while eating a meal?
The VHCC Career Services Resource Center is excited to invite students to participate in the 2020 Professional Etiquette Luncheon. This event will provide participating students with the opportunity to gain exposure to corporate culture, to meet with professionals from business and industry, and to learn how to make an outstanding first impression when meeting others. Plus, we will enjoy some delicious food and have a little fun, too!
The Professional Etiquette Luncheon will be held at the Southwest Virginia Cultural Center and Marketplace (formerly Heartwood) from 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. on April 8, 2020.
A few important details:
- Guests should arrive at the event location no later than 12:15 p.m. and should check in upon arrival.
- Registration deadline is March 11, 2020 (or earlier if capacity is reached).
- Business casual attire is encouraged (but not required). VHCC invites students to visit The Work Closet for new or gently used professional clothing. Contact email@example.com to make an appointment. Want to learn more about business casual attire? Click this link What Is Business Casual Attire For Men And Women?
- Transportation may be available from VHCC to the event location if needed.
- Business dining is all about conversation. Come prepared with appropriate lunch conversation starters such as:
- “I’m interested in finding out more about the kind of work you do."
- "What do you like best about your job? What do you like least?"
- “Have you heard the speaker before?”
VHCC is honored to provide this event for students, and we look forward to hosting you at the 2020 Professional Etiquette Luncheon!