It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide the service or benefit desired; that only appropriate information will be collected; that the citizen shall understand the reason the information is collected and be able to examine their personal record which is maintained by a public body.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that VHCC does not own or control, or to people that VHCC does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- VHCC collects personally identifiable information when you register for certain VHCC web services. VHCC may also receive personally identifiable information from our business partners.
- When you apply for an on-line service with VHCC, we ask for your name, email address, birthdate, gender, phone, zip code, occupation, curriculum, industry, and comments.
- VHCC may also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, VHCC cookie information and the page you requested.
- VHCC uses information for two general purposes: 1) to fulfill your requests for certain services, and 2) to contact you with information and new services.
- If you find errors in the information that you submitted to VHCC through the website or want to examine your information, you should contact the webmaster by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact the Webmaster by writing to Webmaster, Virginia Highlands Community College, P.O. Box 828, Abingdon, Virginia, 24212.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- VHCC will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- VHCC will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Choices About Cookies
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
In certain areas VHCC uses standard e-mail or databases to store data transmissions.
VHCC may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.