The purpose of the Nursing Club is to aid in the development of the whole person, his/her professional role, and his/her responsibility for the health care of people in all walks of life.
1st Year Advisor: Brigitte Casteel
2nd Year Advisor: Beth Wright
The functions of the Nursing Club are:
- to promote and encourage participation in community affairs and activities towards improved health care and the resolution of related social issues.
- to represent nursing students to the consumer, to institutions and other organizations.
- to promote and encourage students participation in interdisciplinary activities.
- to promote and encourage recruitment efforts, participation in student activities and educational opportunities regardless of the person’s race, color, creed, sex, lifestyle, national origin, age or socio-economic status.
- to provide students the opportunity to benefit from the experience of self-governance on a professional level so that they may be better able to participate on a professional level after graduation.
- to give a welcoming picnic for incoming students and a reception for graduation students.
Any student of the VATNP – VHCC campus shall be a member of the Nursing Club.
The meetings of this club shall be held at such time and place as shall be determined by the President. The meetings shall be for the purpose of holding an election, receiving reports and conducting such other business as may properly come before the club.