Virginia Highlands Comic Con is a Family Friendly event. This includes costumes. We understand and respect trueness to concept when portraying a character, but please keep your own safety and respect for families in mind when choosing your cosplay.
No functional props or weapons are allowed at Virginia Highlands Comic Con. Simulated or costume (fake) weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the following:
- All costume props and prop weapons will be inspected at the door
- All props must comply with the state law.
- Projectile costume props and weapons are not allowed.
- Costume (meaning fake) swords must be fastened to your costume in such a way that they cannot be drawn (real swords/spears are not allowed).
- Costumes featuring stilts must be approved at the Costume Props Desk.
- After your costume props have been checked, you will be given a hand stamp to designate that your props have been checked.
- Security will escort you to an inspection checkpoint if your costume prop is not tagged.
If you do not want to have your costume props inspected or tagged, or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume props to Comic-Con. All costume props and weapons must be inspected at the door.