- Only active student enrolled at Virginia Highlands Community College for current semester in which disaster occurs may apply
- Applicants must provide proof of injury/illness/disaster in order to be considered for receiving aid
- Student may be eligible for evaluation a maximum of one incident per semester
- Special individual circumstances may be brought before the SGA Committee for appropriated funding
Levels of Disaster
- Level 1: Death of student or student’s spouse/dependent child (must live in same household) – contribution of $250 will be donated to immediate family of that student or the student in the case of spouse/child’s death
- Level 2: Serious injury or incident that forces student to withdraw from current semester - $150 will be donated to student
- Level 3: Disastrous incident resulting in uninhabitable shelter of student for a minimum of seven days - $100 will be donated to student
- Level 4: Illness or injury of student resulting in missed classes for a minimum of two consecutive weeks - $50 will be donated to student
- All claims will be submitted to the SGA for approval of funding
- Donations will be awarded based upon availability of funds
- Please turn in applications to SGA Advisor.
- Applications will be given to SGA Senators to review. If approved by Senators, petitions will then proceed to a review by the SGA Executive Board.
- The SGA Executive Board will make the final decision concerning the distribution of funds.
In the event of a denial of an application, student will receive written notification delivered to the address provided.
- If petition is approved, students will receive funds in the mail at the address provided within ten business days