In response to decreased funding from and the new priorities of the Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission, VHCC has been making modifications to the AIMS Scholarship (Appalachian Intermountain Scholars) historically funded by the TRRC.
AIMS funding will be awarded up to 12 (full time) hours each semester if funding is available.
- Eligible for scholarship based on recommendation by high schools
- Participation required in three out of four years
- Senior year participation required
- Up to two years of last-dollar tuition possible for 12 hours (fall/spring only)
- Credit courses only
- Must enroll the fall after high school graduation
- Must meet all deadlines
- Must complete scholarship and FAFSA applications (last dollar, but not need-based)
- Must maintain a 2.75 GPA and have continuous enrollment
How to Apply for the AIMS Program
|1. Meet Eligibility requirements for your high school
||Chilhowie High School and Northwood High School
Virginia High School
|2. Complete an application with your high school Guidance Counselor or Career Coach
|3. Complete Financial Aid
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and include VHCC as a school. School code: 007099.
|4. Submit the completed application to your high school Guidance Counselor or Career Coach
||Application deadline is Monday, April 1, 2019.
||The AIMS Scholarship will be awarded by July 2019 and students will be notified.
Scholarship programs subject to available funding and priorities of the TRRC