Click here for information about VHCC’s operations during COVID-19.

Learn more about the CARES Act Grants for Eligible students.

Responsibilities of Veteran Students

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • Register only for courses that are required for completion of your selected degree/certificate program.
  • Submit a copy of the Certification Request for VA Educational Benefits form to your VA certifying official each term you enroll.
  • Notify your VA certifying official of any changes in your schedule, degree program and/or address.
  • Make satisfactory academic progress toward your chosen degree program. According to college and the Veterans Administration policies, students must make satisfactory academic progress. If suspended or dismissed, students must appeal to come before the Admissions Committee. Students who have been reinstated must achieve a 2.0 GPA for the semester of their reinstatement. At the conclusion of this semester, enrollment for successful students receiving veterans educational benefits will be certified.

Monthly Verification
Enrollment data should be verified by students each month by calling (877)823-2378 or logging on the Web Automated Verification Enrollment (SAVE) site at Monthly attendance verifications are accepted the last calendar day of each month. 

Drop/Add/Withdraw/Stop Attending Classes

The VHCC Veterans Officer must be contacted when students receiving veteran’s educational benefits withdraw from classes, or when classes are dropped and/or added. This notification will insure monthly checks are for the correct amount and may eliminate future problems with VA overpayments. No payment is allowed for audited courses. Vocational Rehabilitation Veterans should also report changes to their VA Case Manager.

Curriculum Changes
Curriculum changes should be reported to the VHCC Veterans Officer. Veterans will need to complete a VA Form 22-1995 for the Veterans Administration, which the Veterans Officer has available. Dependents and spouses receiving Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program need to complete the VA Form 22-5495.

Address or Direct Deposit Changes
Students receiving veteran’s educational benefits should contact the Veterans Administration Office at (877)838-2778 or by using the WAVE System at Also, inform the VHCC Veterans Officer regarding address changes.

Approval to Take Course(s) at Another Institution
When a student receives Veterans Educational Benefits and enrolls in course(s) at another college while attending VHCC, a Veterans Educational Benefits Supplemental Approval form must be submitted to the VHCC Veterans Officer to receive benefits for the other college course(s). The course must be taken at an accredited institution, only courses with a grade of “C” or better will transfer, and the course must be a requirement for the program at VHCC.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer