Click here for information about VHCC’s operations during COVID-19.

Learn more about the CARES Act Grants for Eligible students.

Vocational Rehabilitation (Voc Rehab, Chapter 31)

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


Vocational Rehabilitation is a program of services for service members and veterans with service-connected physical or mental disabilities. Some of the services and benefits include evaluation of your abilities and skills, educational, vocational, and personal counseling, education and training to qualify you for suitable employment, financial assistance while you are training, medical and dental treatment, and employment counseling, career planning, and job placement. For more details on this benefit, visit the GI Bill Web Site or call 8-800-827-1000.

How to Apply:

  1. Use the VONAPP Veterans Administration site to fill out the Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation VA Form 28-1900, and await approval and assignment to a counselor.
  2. Your VA Counselor will provide a Veterans Administration’s Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Re-entrance into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status (VA Form 28-1905) to the VHCC Veterans Officer.
  3. Your enrollment will be certified by the VHCC Veterans Officer and forwarded to the Veterans Administration.
  4. The VHCC Veterans Officer will forward a copy of the VA Form 28-1905 to the Business Office for tuition charges and a copy to the Bookstore where books may be charged. 
  5. If you are a new student at VHCC or have not attended in three years, you will
    also need to complete the VHCC Admissions Application
  6. If you have attended previous colleges or universities, submit official college transcripts and a completed VHCC Transcript Evaluation Request form to the VHCC Veterans Officer.