Virginia Highlands Community College is excited to launch a new tool to connect students and community members with employment opportunities in the region!
Effective February 1, 2019, VHCC will utilize Career Explorer as the new platform for all things employment. VHCC will no longer use the VHCC online job board (we will maintain a physical job board in the VHCC Career Services Resource Center).
To advertise job openings or internship opportunities on VHCC Career Explorer, employers will need to complete the following (simple and easy) steps:
- Sign up by registering your company/organization at https://employers.emsicc.com/vhcc/signup (you will need to create a password). You will only need to do this initial registration one time.
- Enter the information requested (e.g. company name, website, etc.) and click "Request Approval."
- Once the VHCC Career Explorer Administrator approves your organization, you will be able to log in and click “Add New Posting” for each job you would like to advertise. Employers are encouraged to use the description field to specify any additional information such as rate of pay, how to apply, schedule, etc. Be sure to log back in through the employer portal at https://employers.emsicc.com/vhcc/signup to see if anyone has submitted their resume through Career Explorer. You can also access the employer login portal through the work opportunities tab located toward the top of the page.
Please contact Traci Mitchell, Career Services Specialist at (276)739-2547 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have questions or need assistance.
Virginia Highlands Community College provides free job posting services for employers wanting to hire VHCCstudents or alumni. Allow 2-3 business days for your position to appear on the job board (online and in the Collins Student Center). Postings remain active for approximately 30 days. They can be re-posted upon expiration. To request removal or reposting of positions, call Traci Mitchell, Career Services at (276)739-2547 or email email@example.com. VHCC does not endorse employers, positions posted, or applicants.
Students and Job Seekers:
Effective February 1, 2019 VHCC will utilize Career Explorer as the new platform for all things employment. VHCC will no longer use the VHCC online job board (we will maintain a physical job board in the VHCC Career Services Resource Center and you can visit the VHCC Career Connection facebook page).
To register for Career Explorer, please complete the following (simple and easy) steps:
- Visit VHCC Career Explorer website at www.vhcc.edu/careerexplorer.
- In the upper right corner, click "Sign Up." Use your VHCC email address to create a profile. Complete your registration and click "Create Profile."
- You can search for careers by clicking on work opportunities on the top of the page. Or, you can click "Search" and type in the type of career you are interested in. You will then be able to view related careers under the "Live Job Postings" tab.
Through Career Explorer, you can also build a resume or discover majors and growing careers!
Contact Traci Mitchell, Career Services Specialist at (276)739-2547 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have questions or need assistance.
If you obtain a job through one of the postings on our site, please contact us and let us know. We love to celebrate the success of landing a new job!
Please visit VHCC Human Resources for Positions Currently Available at VHCC.
Resources for Career Exploration, Job Search, Resumes, and Interviews:
- Career Exploration and Job Search: vhcc.emsicc.com
- Job Search: www.indeed.com
- Career Exploration, Resumes, and Interviews: www.careeronestop.org
- Career Exploration and Job Search: www.vawc.virginia.gov
- Job Search: Virginia Department of Corrections Career Opportunities - www.vadoc.virginia.gov/careers
Current Job Postings:
Job Title - ETSU Army ROTC
Experience the ARmy. Training includes: Rappelling, Stream Crossing, Map Reading, Land Navigation, Orienteering, Basic Rifle, Marksmanship, Squad Tactics.
Additional information available at VHCC Career Services Resource Center
Job Title - Production Technician I
WJHL News Channel 11 has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Production Technician I. The responsibilities of position include, but are not limited to: directing news broadcast shows using Grass Valley Ignite, editing news and non-news content using Grass Valley Edius and Adobe Premier non-linear editing software, preparing the studio for news and commercial production, maintainingworking order and cleanliness ofstudio, floor directing, interacting with clients and guests of the station and shows, microphone placement on guests and clients, prompter operation, light replacement, posting content to the WJHL website and other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor.Grass Valley Ignite Automation and/or directing experience preferred.
How to Apply
Job Title - Photographer
WJHL (CBS/ABC) in Johnson City, TN is looking for a broadcast photojournalist. Must have an eye for news, excellent work ethic, strong editing skills; and consistently shoot creative, and compelling video. Our next photographer will have the ability to handle a high story count; be proficient with non-linear shooting and editing equipment. They will be expected to write concise news stories for on-air and web. They must be capable of operating ENG/SNG trucks and TVU equipment. Clean driving record and valid driver’s license is required.
Essential Duties and Respoonsibilities
- Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
- Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative grapics, and use of digital aned social media platforms
- Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format platforms
- Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor's degree Journalist required (equivalent years of experience may be substitute for education) + (3) three years' experience as a multi-platinum journalist
- Camara and camara equpment
- Knowledge of broacast quality camera equipment
- Conflict management
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws
- Strong on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The multoMedia Photographer requires the operation of camera, camera equpment, computer and editing machine, and transport of equpment weighing up to 60lbs. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Work may be performed in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
Job Title - Customer Service/Sales Representatives
AT&T Call Center will conduct a hiring event on Friday, January 25, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at 978 Regional Park Drive, Lebanon, VA.
To save time, please apply online before attending and complete the online assessment at http://work.att.jobs/lebanoncsr
Rate of Pay
Starting pay is between $10.46 - $16.72
Job Title - Network Support Technician (Evenings/Overnights)
Sunset Digital is hiring a Network Support Technician.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent required. Two-year college degree preferred in a related field. Experience supporting Internet, telephone and or cable TV services is a plus. Experience in a service-provider industry is a plus.
Additional information (including directions regarding how to apply) can be found at
Job Title - Administrative Assistant
Job duties including filing, answering the telephone, and data entry. Interested individuals should email a resume to email@example.com. The position is located in Bristol, VA and is expected to last for 6 months.
Job Title - Bank Teller
First Bank and Trust Company in Abingdon, VA is hiring for a bank teller. The schedule is Tuesday, WEdnesday, and Thursday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Rate of Pay
$15.00 per hour
How to Apply
Contact Traci Mitchell at the VHCC Career Services Resource Center at (276) 739-2547 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title - News Photographer
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WCYB is looking for a creative and dedicated full-time News Photographer! We are seeking someone who can see beyond the lens and bring back compelling stories. You will cover day to day general, in-depth features and investigative assignments. We are shooting full High-definition (HD) on media cards and editing on desktops and laptops. You should have strong editing skills in non-linear edit systems, possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for story telling is absolutely essential in this position.
A bold team player who can produce good stories under tight deadlines
• Must have valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and the ability to operate ENG news vehicles
• At least 1-2 years of shooting experience and technical knowledge of editing and photo equipment
• The ability to edit and shoot general assignment stories, lives shots and natural sound packages
• Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
• Must have 1-2 years of ENG experience with a network affiliate news organization
At least 1-2 years of shooting experience and technical knowledge of editing and photo equipment
The ability to edit and shoot general assignment stories, lives shots and natural sound packages
How to Apply
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have a web link, please apply online and then send a non-returnable DVD of your work to: WCYB-TV, 101 Lee Street, Bristol, VA 24201. No phone calls or emails, please.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Bristol, Virginia, United States