Virginia Highlands Community College is excited to launch a new tool to connect students and community members with employment opportunities in the region!
Effective February 1, 2019, VHCC will utilize Career Explorer as the new platform for all things employment. VHCC will no longer use the VHCC online job board (we will maintain a physical job board in the VHCC Career Services Resource Center).
To advertise job openings or internship opportunities on VHCC Career Explorer, employers will need to complete the following (simple and easy) steps:
- Sign up by registering your company/organization at https://employers.emsicc.com/vhcc/signup (you will need to create a password). You will only need to do this initial registration one time.
- Enter the information requested (e.g. company name, website, etc.) and click "Request Approval."
- Once the VHCC Career Explorer Administrator approves your organization, you will be able to log in and click “Add New Posting” for each job you would like to advertise. Employers are encouraged to use the description field to specify any additional information such as rate of pay, how to apply, schedule, etc. Be sure to log back in through the employer portal at https://employers.emsicc.com/vhcc/signup to see if anyone has submitted their resume through Career Explorer. You can also access the employer login portal through the work opportunities tab located toward the top of the page.
Please contact Traci Mitchell, Career Services Specialist at (276)739-2547 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have questions or need assistance.
Virginia Highlands Community College provides free job posting services for employers wanting to hire VHCCstudents or alumni. Allow 2-3 business days for your position to appear on the job board (online and in the Collins Student Center). Postings remain active for approximately 30 days. They can be re-posted upon expiration. To request removal or reposting of positions, call Traci Mitchell, Career Services at (276)739-2547 or email email@example.com. VHCC does not endorse employers, positions posted, or applicants.
Students and Job Seekers:
Effective February 1, 2019 VHCC will utilize Career Explorer as the new platform for all things employment. VHCC will no longer use the VHCC online job board (we will maintain a physical job board in the VHCC Career Services Resource Center and you can visit the VHCC Career Connection facebook page).
To register for Career Explorer, please complete the following (simple and easy) steps:
- Visit VHCC Career Explorer website at www.vhcc.edu/careerexplorer.
- In the upper right corner, click "Sign Up." Use your VHCC email address to create a profile. Complete your registration and click "Create Profile."
- You can search for careers by clicking on work opportunities on the top of the page. Or, you can click "Search" and type in the type of career you are interested in. You will then be able to view related careers under the "Live Job Postings" tab.
Through Career Explorer, you can also build a resume or discover majors and growing careers!
Contact Traci Mitchell, Career Services Specialist at (276)739-2547 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have questions or need assistance.
If you obtain a job through one of the postings on our site, please contact us and let us know. We love to celebrate the success of landing a new job!
Please visit VHCC Human Resources for Positions Currently Available at VHCC.
Resources for Career Exploration, Job Search, Resumes, and Interviews:
- Career Exploration and Job Search: vhcc.emsicc.com
- Job Search: www.indeed.com
- Career Exploration, Resumes, and Interviews: www.careeronestop.org
- Career Exploration and Job Search: www.vawc.virginia.gov
- Job Search: Virginia Department of Corrections Career Opportunities - www.vadoc.virginia.gov/careers