Click here for information about VHCC’s operations during COVID-19.

Learn more about the CARES Act Grants for Eligible students.

Student Services Forms

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

30 Mile Radius Form: This form is for students who live outside Virginia but within 30 miles of the VHCC campus and wish to apply for reduced tuition.

Program Change Form: This form is for students interested in changing their major or curriculum. It must be signed by the counselor representing the newly declared major or curriculum.

Petition for Reinstatement Form: This form is for students who have been administratively withdrawn from a class and wish to be reinstated into the class. The course instructor must sign this form.

Drop/Add Form: This form is for students interesting in dropping or adding a course. It also can be used when glitches in the computer system prevent a student from registering for a needed course and when a student wishes to register for more than 18 credit hours. The form must be signed by a counselor and taken to the Admissions Office for processing.

Transition from Dual Enrollment to VHCC Curricular Student 

Request for Transcript Form: This form should be completed by students who would like the VHCC Admissions Office to evaluate their transcripts from high school and/or another college or institution. The form should be sent by mail or fax to the appropriate institution for processing.

Request for Transcript of Academic Record

Academic Renewal Petition: This form is for students who were previously placed on academic suspension and were separated from VHCC for five years or longer. In order to qualify, the student must maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average after completing 12 credits. Development courses cannot be included when calculating the grade point average. The signature of the registrar is required on this form.

Petition to Repeat a Course: This form is used when a student would like to repeat a class for a third time. This form requires the approval and signatures of the class instructor, the Division Dean, and the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services.

Advanced Placement Credit Evaluation Form: This form is for students seeking credit for CLEP, AP, CPS or any other form of assessment instruction.

Course Substitution Request: This form is needed when a different course is being substituted for a required course. This form must be signed by the faculty member, the student’s faculty advisor, or the appropriate counselor.

Waiver of SDV 101 Course: This form allows students to waive the SDV 101 course requirement. Transfer students may qualify if they have 1) earned an Satisfactory (S) or a C or better on a study skills or orientation course at another institution or 2) if they have been awarded an associate or bachelor degree. The credit hours are not waived and a student must make-up the one credit hour for SDV.

Credit by Examination and or Occupational Experience: This is for students who are seeking credit for completed assessments and/or experience.

Transcript Evaluation Request Form: This form is for students interested in receiving VHCC credit for courses completed at another institution. Only official transcripts from the transfer institution can be considered. A catalog or course descriptions must be required for courses taken at an out-of-state school.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer