Virginia Correctional Enterprises (VCE):
- VCE Digital Works (Corprint): Services include black and white and laser color copying, single color to four-color printing, bindery and finishing services. Maximum print area is 12” X 109”, prints 600 dpi and 170 lpi with offset quality rosette. Printing also includes flat forms; NCR-type forms up to five-part (not snap-apart or continuous); padded forms; envelopes (regular and window) including long Kraft envelopes; color booklets up to 9” X 12”; and color brochures with no more than two folds. Desk-top publishing software supported includes: QuarkXPress, Adobe PageMaker, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop Macromedia Freehand, CorelDraw. Images should be saved in CMYK format, not RGB or indexed color. Scanned image resolution need not exceed 300 dpi. Grayscale images should have a tonal range from 5% to 90% open mid-tones slightly. Perform all image manipulation in Photoshop, not in the layout program. Convert Duotones to CMYK before final placement. Do not save images in PICT format. Convert DSC files to TIFF format.
- Wood and Metal Case Goods: Total offering of Office, Lounge, Dormitory, and Occasional Furniture. This includes but is not limited to: desks, credenzas, bookcases, bridges, hutches, lateral files, storage cabinets, shelving, filing cabinets, beds, sofas, loveseats, chairs, stools, and table. Custom metal and wood products are available.
- Seating: A comprehensive offering of office, conference room, reception area, dormitory, lounge, and laboratory seating.
- Office Systems: VCE offers a broad spectrum of component office systems including, panels, work surfaces, filing systems, table, cable management, and keyboard trays.
- Shoes: All-purpose 6” and 10” top work boots made of full and corrected grain leather, Goodyear welt with cushioned insole, rubber heels.
- Clothing and Textiles: A wide selection of clothing items which includes, but is not limited to shirts, pants, jackets, coats hospital scrubs, lab coats, blankets, sheets, pillowcases, laundry bags, full dress uniforms, food-service clothing, health-care provider clothing.
- Embroidery: VCE provides all services needed to embroider logos or special graphics to any piece of apparel or textiles.
- Silk Screening: Full service silkscreen and/or foil stamping services.
- Vinyl Binders, Pad Holders and Sign Products: Full range of three ring binders, pad holders, plastic signs and decals.
- Microfilming and Data Storage: Full service microfilming which includes document preparation, photography, developing, duplicating, and film delivery. Data conversion from hard copy to microfilm and DVD formatted disks.
- Optical: VCE’s prescription eyewear is a full service lab. The product offering includes single vision, bi-focal, and tri-focal lenses, tinting, and a large number of frames.
- License Tags: State and municipal license plates are quoted on an individual design and quantity basis.
- Dentures: From full dentures to simple mouth guards. VCE dental prosthetics are made to the most exacting standards. Services include: soft mouth guards, relines of upper and lower, acrylic splints, space maintainers, surgical trays, surgical splints and hard mouth guards.
- Laundry Services: Laundry services may include par cart packing, pick-up and delivery, assistance with linen inventory control, water conservation. Each laundry customer has unique requirements; contact VCE for a quotation on the service required.
- Pallets manufacture and Repair: Wooden shipping pallets.
- Warehousing: Contact VCE for dry storage services.
- *Plastic Bags: VCE manufactures a wide variety of plastic bags of various widths and lengths. Specialized bags are available in bulk directly from VCE.
- *Janitorial Products: See the VCE digital catalog or web site for details.
Virginia Industries for the Blind (VIB)
VIB provides employment opportunities for individuals who are blind or visually impaired by employing them in a variety of service and manufacturing occupations, providing services and producing quality products at competitive prices. The following goods and services are among those available through VIB for purchase by state agencies, municipalities and institutions:
- Contract Office Services (does not include temporary employment services) - Administrative Support Personnel, Clerical, Secretarial, Order Takers, Customer Service Representatives, etc.
- Mailing Services - Inserting, addressing, sorting, order fulfillment - express delivery or postal
- Mattresses - Innerspring, Cellular Foam, Cotton Felt, Silicone Foam, cots
- Writing Instruments
- * Mop Heads and Handles
- * Spices, Tea
- Gloves, Exam non-sterile medical grade - Latex, Vinyl, Nitrile, High Risk EMS
* Order through the Virginia Distribution Center (VDC).
Virginia Distribution Center (VDC)
The VDC purchases, stores, and distributes staple goods, canned foods, frozen foods, janitorial supplies, paper products, and other selected items for state agencies and institutions and political sub-divisions. To achieve optimal savings for the entire Commonwealth, the VDC purchases products in volume and ensures consistent quality through an extensive Quality Assurance Program, which includes an on-site VDC Laboratory. An agency may not use its local purchasing authority to purchase an item from another source that is available from the VDC without a written waiver from the VDC Director or designee.
DGS/DPS Office of Graphic Communications (OGC)
OGC is a mandatory source for graphic communication services in excess of $750. OGC offers consultation, project management, design and production for a wide variety of graphic design projects which include web and print communications.
Services include concept and marketing strategies, creative writing, graphic design, desktop publishing, web graphics, photography research and art direction, illustration, and production management.
Typical projects include promotional, informational and public educational campaigns; logos and identity systems; internet sites, annual reports and strategic plans; economic development and travel publications; magazines and newsletters; training and conference materials, interactive .PDF files, PowerPoint presentations, calendars and posters; museum catalogs and brochures, etc.
All agencies planning to procure graphic communication services in excess of $750 must first contact OGC to determine if their requirements can be provided by that office and, if not, the agency must receive written authority from OGC to procure from another source. This requirement does not apply to agencies utilizing existing in-house capabilities; however, if any portion of these services will be contracted with the private sector, or another public body, the agency must first contact OGC. To contact OGC, email email@example.com or call 804-371-8359.
Mandatory Term Contracts can be found on eVA http://dps.dgs.virginia.gov/dps/contracts/covacontractsinfo.aspx These contracts are subject to change.