I-9 Form Completion Training
Overload and Summer Faculty Rate Calculator for 9-Month Teaching Faculty
Payline - Please check your "Employee Profile Data" in Payline to verify that your name and address have been entered correctly into the payroll system.
Payroll Documentation Checklist
|ADM FEES||Administrative Fees for maintenance of dependent care and medical reimbursement accounts|
|BUYBACK||Buy back of service credit from Virginia Retirement System by an employee who chose a refund upon termination of previous state employment|
|CVC||Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign deduction|
|DDCHKING||Direct Deposit - Checking|
|DDSAVING||Direct Deposit - Savings|
|DEF COMP||Deferred Compensation account deduction|
|DEP CARE||Dependent Care: pre-tax deduction to pay for child care expenses|
|FED TAX||Federal Income Tax withheld|
|FOUNDAT||VHCC Foundation deduction|
|GARN FEE||Fee charged for the costs associated with the collection and disbursement of garnishments, tax liens and child support orders|
|HI||Medicare portion of Social Security Tax|
|IMPLIFE||Imputed Life: The Commonwealth provides group life insurance for each salaried employee based on the employee's annual salary rounded up to the nearest thousand and doubled. The IRS has determined that the uniform premium cost of providing life insurance coverage in excess of $50,000 is a benefit known as imputed life. The federal government also requires that imputed life be reported as taxable federal and state income and be reported on Form W-2.|
|MED REIM||Medical Reimbursement: pre-tax deduction to pay for medical expenses not covered by health insurance|
|OASDI||"Old Age Survivors & Disability Insurance" portion of Social Security Tax|
|OPT LIFE||Optional Life insurance premium|
|PRE TAX||Annuity account deduction|
|POST TAX||Supplemental insurance deductions|
|PRETAX HLTH CARE||Pre-tax deduction of health insurance premiums|
|Court ordered child support deduction|
|TPA ADM||Administrative fee charged by Third Party Administrator for maintenance of some PRE TAX and POST TAX deductions|
|Savings Bond deduction|
|VA TAX||Virginia Income Tax withheld|
|VACU DD||Virginia Credit Union Direct Deposit|
Presidents, administrative/professional faculty, and twelve-month teaching faculty hired after January 1, 2007 will receive leave in accordance with the following chart:
|Up Front, Upon Hire||Accrual Per Pay Period Worked||Maximum Accrual Per Year||Maximum Carry Forward Limit||Maximum Payment Limit|
|10 hours||240 hours
|Executives, Senior Administrators||96 Hours
|8 hours||192 hours
|Administrators, 12-month teaching faculty||84 Hours
|7 hours||168 hours
- For this policy, Administrative/professional faculty positions are categorized as follows:
- Executives: Executive Vice President, Vice President, Provost, Executive Vice Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, faculty rank members of the Chancellor’s Cabinet, and Associate Vice Chancellors with State Board Responsibility.
- Senior Administrators: Assistant Vice President, Associate Vice President, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Dean, Campus Dean, Director.
- Administrators: Assistant Director, Associate Director, Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator, Administrative Officer, Counselor, Librarian, twelve-month teaching faculty.
- “Up-front” leave will be granted on the effective date of employment.
- Leave accruals continue to increase per pay period, however, the total accrual is reduced to the maximum annual accrual each January 10th.
- Upon termination, the compensation of unused annual leave shall be the current annual leave balance which may not exceed the person’s maximum payment limit. The payment rate will be calculated by converting the annual salary to an hourly rate. Grant funded positions will be compensated for unused annual leave only if grant funds are available for this purpose.
- Administrative/professional faculty hired before January 1, 2007 will have a one time option of electing to participate in the plan. The decision to enter the plan is final and may not be reversed. An administrative/professional faculty member hired before January 1, 2007 who accepts a higher level position in the System may retain the accrual and payout limits in 18.104.22.168.a. above or opt into the new system in 22.214.171.124 at the time of the promotion.