Advanced Technology Center
Virginia employers need workers with technical skills that require some post-high school training but not necessarily a four-year degree. VHCC is responding by raising money to expand training opportunities for in-demand industry-recognized credentials.
With major infrastructure to the site complete and the steel package installed, VHCC is moving to complete the facility. The VHCC Foundation and College staff are actively seeking investment in the construction and have secured more than $6 million in commitments since the design and construction phase concluded and the groundbreaking in 2021.
To get to the finish line with this project, we must add private support to the equation! Won't you join us?
Progress to Close the Gap
At the urging of local businesses and industries, local governments, and other partners, the College and the VHCC Foundation are responding to economic development and workforce needs by constructing a new 20,000+ square foot building.
- Workforce training in Welding, Diesel and other technologies
- Customized business and industry training
- Business and industry collaboration, retention, and expansion
- Large working lab spaces
- High ceilings and bay doors
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Flexible instructional areas
- Industrial capacity for power and utilities
- Demand is High for Qualified Diesel Mechanics
- 75% of Students have Job Offers before they graduate from the Program
- VHCC Diesel Completion Rate: 89%
- "Hands-on" Training in Arc, Gas, MIG, TIG, and Metal Fabrication
- 82% of Students have Job Offers before they graduate from the Program
- VHCC Welding Completion Rate: 76%
- Customized training solutions for business and industry to support retention, retooling, and expansion efforts
- Training can be delivered on-site or on-campus 24/7
- Safety & occupational health trainings Technical and trade related training Short term workforce training
Invest today to Impact tomorrow
It is critically important to our community to provide the programs necessary for our students to earn a certificate or degree, thereby transforming their lives and enabling our graduates to start careers that will change their family for generations. Students are not a number on a class roster here; they have unique interests, skills, challenges, and goals.
Please join us in Closing the Gap by Investing Today to Impact Tomorrow. With your support, we will help VHCC overcome financial barriers preventing us from expanding current programs and starting new programs. A onetime investment by YOU will positively impact students living in this community for years to come.