Excel could be a great fit for you
If you’re a first-generation student looking to transfer to a four-year college or university, Excel could be a great fit for you. This federally-funded program offers students the resources and support needed to successfully transfer on from VHCC to their dream college.
- One-on-one mentoring
- College visits
- Assistance with the college transfer process
- Grant aid to help with college expenses
Do I qualify for the program?
To qualify for the Excel program, you should meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student. This means that neither parent earned a four-year college degree.
- Be classified as low income. To qualify, your annual taxable income must not exceed 150% of the poverty level as defined by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Have a documented physical or learning disability
Meet the Excel Team!
The Excel offices are located in the Instructional and Student Center (ISC) building in the central hallway! You can always reach out to our staff directly:
Karen Cheers, Director and Title IX Coordinator | email@example.com | (276) 739-2561
Karen Copenhaver, Counselor and ADA Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org | (276) 739-2404
Karen Kilgore, Excel Counselor & Transfer Counselor | email@example.com | (276) 739-2405
Ella Ratcliffe-Sutherland, Office Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org | (276) 739-2479
How can I apply?
You can apply online, right now!